Portal additions this off-season

The U is back to work

All ACC
Premium
Roster again needs an overhaul across many positions, is this what we realistically still need?

QB
QB
RB (assuming we have a few transfer out)
WR (maybe 2 if X leaves and some other attrition)
WR
TE (I assume we will lose multiple to the portal and graduation
LG (Cohen replacement, not sure if Kinsler is ready to start after not playing at all)
C (Lee is priority 1 to return, but I assume in the end he leaves)
DE (if Messidor leaves becomes really important)
DE
DT (need to hit on multiple elite portal DTs)
DT
DT
CB1 (still need a cb1)
S (I assume the top safety in the portal will give us a strong look because PT)
S

Advertisement
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
We’re going to need a lot, and we’re going to have to fight a lot of teams for a finite amount of prospects. Our hit rate last few portal cycles won’t cut it this time around if we plan on winning 9 games in 2024.

I kind of want to wait a few weeks to get a clearer picture in terms of who’s staying and going, but for starters we’ll need 2 QBs, 2 more DTs if LT is gone, and 2 DBs + a safety.

Portal subtractions will be interesting.

I can see some third stringers leaving, but I want to see if any starters or potential starters pack up and leave.
There are going to be RBs that leave for sure. I suspect that Citizen will be one (I don't have any inside info, but this situation just feels like the type where a player would transfer) and then at least one other between Chaney, Parrish and Allen (not sure if Allen can portal again - grad transfer?).

You would think some of the WRs bounce... wouldn't be surprised if X follows wherever TVD goes (assuming that TVD transfers of course)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who do we think transfers? I say
QB: TVD, Jacurri
RB: 1 no clue but my guess Chris Johnson
WR/TE: Horton, Redding, Skinner
OL: None
DL: Harvey, Moss, C.Williams
LB: Bryant, C.Smith
DB: M.Williams, Balom
Why would TVD leave unless we get a transfer in that is better than him? There's noone pushing him.

Advertisement
Back