Popular beer man from south florida sports stadiums dies

Advertisement
I loved everything about Elephant Man. As long as I live, I'll never forget "Ice cold soda! Ice cold water! Peanuts, gatorade, cracker jacks... SUNFLOWER SEEDS!!!"
Should have known that you'd be the one to get the big man's sales jingle spot on... good job!

The dude had pipes like Louis Armstrong, arms like Lou Ferrigno and a work ethic second to none. "Beer, Hotdogs, Peanuts, Cracker Jack" and the green/orange elephant hat will live in the memories of us Canes fans forever. RIP and God bless the big man.
THIS!!!

Advertisement
I will miss him also .I always looked forward to seeing him at the light. It made me laugh when I say him. He had a tough job and was a hard worker. Ice cool beer here ice cold water, peanuts crackerjack powerade sunflower seeds. He will be missed by my wife and I.

Advertisement
RIP... hardworking man and i always looked for him anytime i went to a game. My dad made it a point to alway buy from him because it reminded him of a guy that worked at Yankee stadium when he was a kid and his voice was exactly like his booming...

****. Too young to go. Bleeping sucks.

“Ice cold beer HEEEAAA!!”

I remember Canes baseball games years ago with my little daughter she would light up when she saw him and heard “ Peanuts! Popcorn! Caramel Corn! Coke’s ! “
RIP brother Duke

do you remember the skinny guy at the Light years ago, who was also a longtime vendor? this probably goes back to the mid through late '90s.

I remember when it would be cold in the early spring games at the light and he would add "hot chocolate!" to his spiel.

this was after everyone would shout "COKE!!" with him as he walked through through the stands.

whatever happened to that guy?

There was another guy at Mark Light who would bellow "SURGE!" while hawking the ill-fated and short-lived soda that was said to boost energy.

Advertisement
"Ice cold beer! you know you want! You know you want it!" Had us in the section laughing, cracking jokes. He was a real one.

RIP homie.

Dude had forearms like a god**** bull. They should put a statue of him right next to Ron Frasier's at Mark Light, hat and all. He will be missed.

I was just responding to a Canes baseball post, thought about the massive void this man leaves, and thought he deserves a statue right next to Frasier.

Then I came here and saw this post.

I'm all for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back