Pop Cooney tweet

Advertisement
This is where you go pick the school of businesses head and call the best advertising and PR firm in Miami and get ideas.

I dont care what anyone says being in a bigger city than most colleges and universities has its advantages here when it comes to $$$. Will this level the playing field? Maybe not but if a kid can stay local and closer to home and make $$$ it may help

Advertisement
This is where you go pick the school of businesses head and call the best advertising and PR firm in Miami and get ideas.

I dont care what anyone says being in a bigger city than most colleges and universities has its advantages here when it comes to $$$. Will this level the playing field? Maybe not but if a kid can stay local and closer to home and make $$$ it may help
This should have been done as soon as this was considered a possibility. Our head coach should’ve gone directly to his father and his political and business connections and started doing the legwork on all of this in case it came to fruition in order to fully take advantage of the geographic location of our school and all that it has to offer a young recruit in order to maximize the profit of his likeness. I guarantee you that Nick Saban has been planning to do this ever since he started giving out press conference is with a Coca-Cola can that he never drinks out of.

Advertisement
I'm assuming this is related to the NCAA changing their stance on students getting paid for their likeness? It definitely helps.

I don't think so. Schools like bama, uga, etc will just up the ante. No different than when NCAA created pell grants or stipends for players. SEC will just ramp up whatever spending is necessary and too many sofla kids have their hands out. marriage made in heaven.

I don't think so. Schools like bama, uga, etc will just up the ante. No different than when NCAA created pell grants or stipends for players. SEC will just ramp up whatever spending is necessary and too many sofla kids have their hands out. marriage made in heaven.
The bag school were gonna spend money on players whether it was legal or not. All this does is give everyone else a little bit of a shot.

Advertisement
This should have been done as soon as this was considered a possibility. Our head coach should’ve gone directly to his father and his political and business connections and started doing the legwork on all of this in case it came to fruition in order to fully take advantage of the geographic location of our school and all that it has to offer a young recruit in order to maximize the profit of his likeness. I guarantee you that Nick Saban has been planning to do this ever since he started giving out press conference is with a Coca-Cola can that he never drinks out of.

It may very well be going on or has already been discussed. I have no special contacts in the athletic dept i wish i did.

Advertisement
People make the argument that this rule is beneficial to big city schools like UM, but I can’t see how. If we’re talking about making money of likeliness of individual players, I’d think places like Bama or OSU (where Saturday football is the only thing going on) would fetch a player a larger following.

All this did was make it legal for boosters to pay kids. No lore need to hide the Dodge Charges, just give the kid one and hang a picture in the lobby. All legal marketing.

It wasn't a crime for boosters to pay kids. It was an NCAA violation but NCAA didn't care, especially with blue bloods. Its business as usual for the schools that were already cheating. It bears repeating for the 1000th time, a Clemson basketball coach was caught on tape saying the Clemson football program cheats. I think overall it has a bigger benefit for the schools that the NCAA had hard-ons for (schools that were always under a microscope)- most notably Miami and USC- since they have something the other schools cant offer like huge media markets.

People make the argument that this rule is beneficial to big city schools like UM, but I can’t see how. If we’re talking about making money of likeliness of individual players, I’d think places like Bama or OSU (where Saturday football is the only thing going on) would fetch a player a larger following.
There’s a ton more business opportunities in any city than some backwoods college town. The players may hold a ton of cache but there’s only so much money in a place like Tuscaloosa. Especially since you consider their big money supporters are already financing the team as it is.

The rich are only gonna get richer. Schools that run their football programs like NFL teams are gonna figure out ways to make this benefit them the most.

Advertisement
Back