Pop Cooney tweet

Advertisement
Westley Neal profiles in the 85th percentile of DT's since 2014.

He would be the second highest from an athleticism standpoint at the position among players Miami has signed (that tested).

1. Gerald Willis- 275 pounds, 5.20 40, 4.32 SH, 37' PB, 31" VJ, 99.30 SPARQ, 90th percentile

2. Westley Neal- 317 pounds, 5.29 40, 4.83 SH, 41' PB, 27.5" VJ, 94.53 SPARQ, 85th percentile

3. Jason Blissett- 271 pounds, 5.13 40, 4.40 SH, 37.5' PB, 29.5" VJ, 94.44 SPARQ, 85th percentile

4. Anthony Moten- 292 pounds, 5.17 40, 4.72 SH, 40.5' PB, 26.9" VJ, 93.9 SPARQ, 84th percentile

5. Nesta Silvera- 307 pounds, 5.36 40, 5.13 SH, 40' PB, 26.1" VJ, 84.69 SPARQ, 67th percentile

(Elijah Roberts 25th percentile but his variance was much more like an average tester, Willie Moise 20th percentile, Tre'Von Riggins 19th percentile, Tyreic Martin 13th percentile, Courtel Jenkins 1st percentile)

I'd rather have Blissett's athletic profile because his short shuttle quickness has shown to correlate more than any other category, but Neal is an excellent tester athletically.

Advertisement
Westley Neal profiles in the 85th percentile of DT's since 2014.

He would be the second highest from an athleticism standpoint at the position among players Miami has signed (that tested).

1. Gerald Willis- 275 pounds, 5.20 40, 4.32 SH, 37' PB, 31" VJ, 99.30 SPARQ, 90th percentile

2. Westley Neal- 317 pounds, 5.29 40, 4.83 SH, 41' PB, 27.5" VJ, 94.53 SPARQ, 85th percentile

3. Jason Blissett- 271 pounds, 5.13 40, 4.40 SH, 37.5' PB, 29.5" VJ, 94.44 SPARQ, 85th percentile

4. Anthony Moten- 292 pounds, 5.17 40, 4.72 SH, 40.5' PB, 26.9" VJ, 93.9 SPARQ, 84th percentile

5. Nesta Silvera- 307 pounds, 5.36 40, 5.13 SH, 40' PB, 26.1" VJ, 84.69 SPARQ, 67th percentile

(Elijah Roberts 25th percentile but his variance was much more like an average tester, Willie Moise 20th percentile, Tre'Von Riggins 19th percentile, Tyreic Martin 13th percentile, Courtel Jenkins 1st percentile)

I'd rather have Blissett's athletic profile because his short shuttle quickness has shown to correlate more than any other category, but Neal is an excellent tester athletically.
That shuttle is a major concern to have his size. Short and heavy and not that quick.

That shuttle is a major concern to have his size. Short and heavy and not that quick.

Would it surprise you to know that it is above average? (Slightly at 0.20 standard deviations above the mean)

His weight is 1.12 standard deviations above the mean.

For a quick reference, in a normal distribution of data, you would expect that 68.27% of the data points would fall within one standard deviation of the mean. 95% of data points would fall within two standard deviations. 99.7% would fall within three standard deviations (unicorns).

For a man to be more than a standard deviation above the mean in weight and still be above average in short shuttle is fairly impressive. I do agree he is not going to be a super explosive player laterally. You really see these short shuttle results show up with Nesta, who is quite "sticky" with OL. Once they get locked on him he has trouble disengaging.

Advertisement
Would it surprise you to know that it is above average? (Slightly at 0.20 standard deviations above the mean)

His weight is 1.12 standard deviations above the mean.

For a quick reference, in a normal distribution of data, you would expect that 68.27% of the data points would fall within one standard deviation of the mean. 95% of data points would fall within two standard deviations. 99.7% would fall within three standard deviations (unicorns).

For a man to be more than a standard deviation above the mean in weight and still be above average in short shuttle is fairly impressive. I do agree he is not going to be a super explosive player laterally. You really see these short shuttle results show up with Nesta, who is quite "sticky" with OL. Once they get locked on him he has trouble disengaging.
That would be the issue. Willis was explosive. Having short arms and being sticky could explain why the staff won’t take his commitment yet. I guess he could get quicker before he gets 6’3” but..

I hope Dee is wrong here, and Neal is a take. The kid has talent, is from a quality local program, seems to bleed O&G, will strengthen the team culture and unity, and I believe can make a major contribution in a few years.

I hope Dee is wrong here, and Neal is a take. The kid has talent, is from a quality local program, seems to bleed O&G, will strengthen the team culture and unity, and I believe can make a major contribution in a few years.
I didnt say anything about neal brother. I think you'll be happy with his situation at the end of the day. But he had nothing to do with anything I said.

Advertisement
After the Redding commitment and the Williams news, and Neal seemingly in, this is the positive momentum we needed after the couple of big deccommits we had. Doesn’t look like we will land the highest rated kids, but I’m seeing a lot of kids that I believe will start and contribute. This class will outplay their ranking

After the Redding commitment and the Williams news, and Neal seemingly in, this is the positive momentum we needed after the couple of big deccommits we had. Doesn’t look like we will land the highest rated kids, but I’m seeing a lot of kids that I believe will start and contribute. This class will outplay their ranking

I don’t even remember who decomitted. This train is moving forward no matter what

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back