Pooh Williamson

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Hired as an assistant coach. He was an assistant at Memphis from 2016-18. Before that he was an assistant at Texas Tech, TCU, SMU, Texas A&M, Wichita State, Tulsa (where he was interim HC in 2004-5), Tulane, Illinois State and Washington State.

Advertisement
I saw that. He sure does not bring much value in terms of HS recruiting areas that UM tries to focus on.

Spent 11 years in the NBA. Was drafted 10th overall. Had some creditable games. Maybe skills coaching is what he might add to the program

Spent 11 years in the NBA. Was drafted 10th overall. Had some creditable games. Maybe skills coaching is what he might add to the program

I like what you've done here. Pooh Williamson showing film of old Indiana Pacers games should be quite beneficial to the team.

Advertisement

You are thinking of Pooh Richardson lol. Pooh Williamson was never drafted and has been an asst coach for the past 20 years or so.

Advertisement
Never seems to last long at one school. That in itself is worrisome.

Not that I think Mark Turgeon is a great coach, but it may be telling that he didn't bring him to Maryland. He coached with the guy at Wichita State and TAMpon but that was enough.

Advertisement
Wonder what we can pay our basketball assistants? And how that compares to the rest of the ACC?

Might as well have given the job to Carey's father. Long accepted practice in the NCAA. Make him the Strength Coach to work with our big men. .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back