Ponce was demoted

Advertisement
First time HC, first time co-dcs, and first time OC, sounds like a plan for success.

When he went with app state head coach to Louisville. Lol. But we might hire this guy for OC.

Clown show if true.

Miami ADMIN/BOT
1546282539970.png

Advertisement
I have no knowledge of the situation but I imagine he’s making more money and doesn’t care about the title

He better not come here period and anyone advocating for him is an idiot. David Pollock was just on TV at the VT-Cinn. game and said who Diaz hires as his OC will make or break him at UM.

Advertisement
He better not come here period and anyone advocating for him is an idiot. David Pollock was just on TV at the VT-Cinn. game and said who Diaz hires as his OC will make or break him at UM.

That is profundity to his beyond comprehension in restating the obvious, like everyone on this board doesn't know that, including Manny.

I sure hope so ...
It’s common sense. CO-OC At App State doesn’t equal sole OC at UM. OU CO-OC equals sole OC at Miami. That’s too big of a step/risk to take. Even Chad Morris was a sole play caller for a year before taking clemson’s Job and that was a huge risk.

Advertisement
Ponce is probably not going to be the OC. Diaz is green but he isn’t stupid.

I don't know man.

There's just something about this University that makes everyone (coaches and players) just completely lose their **** when they get here...

I'm guessing Manny has a good $1.5M maybe even $2M for an OC. If he blows this chance on his buddy Ponce, Diaz will fck himself before he even starts. Have no issue with Ponce as QB coach but not OC. For the money we have go get someone ******* proven

I'm very concerned Manny will rush this hire. Made a mention in his interview today that recruiting has 10 days left so would like his staff done well then (say in next 5 days). That's not enough time to go interview a bunch of guys he doesnt know and could mean he falls back on someone he is familiar with (Ponce). Manny dont **** this up please....

Advertisement
Ponce is probably not going to be the OC. Diaz is green but he isn’t stupid.

Yeah, but Dmoney and Stefan has been talking the Ponce talk, and it’s scaring the **** out of me. Ponce as OC will be disastrous, because we’d trot out:

HC with no experience
OC with no playcalling experience
Co-DCs with no experience

Ponce as OC would be a recipe for disaster. That would be one of greenest staffs, if not the most green staff in CFB history.

If Ponce gets the OC job Manny is signing his firing papers before his first game is played

I rebuke that notion. No way Manny is that dumb

Advertisement
Back