Polls

Coaches Poll is usually filled out by a GA.....I think AP poll is a better indicator of the guys who watch as many games as they can

Advertisement
Coaches Poll is usually filled out by a GA.....I think AP poll is a better indicator of the guys who watch as many games as they can

There are plenty of insane and incompetent AP voters

This week Doug Lesmerises of the Cleveland Plain Dealer had his ballot of:

1 Clemson
2 LSU
3 Alabama
4 Louisville
5 Oregon
6 Florida State
7 South Carolina
8 Washington
9 Ohio State
10 Texas A&M
11 Texas
12 Oklahoma State
13 Stanford
14 Georgia
15 Michigan
16 Florida
17 Bowling Green
18 Northwestern
19 Oklahoma
20 Cincinnati
21 Notre Dame
22 Miami (FL)
23 Wisconsin
24 Virginia
25 Baylor

Which poll does espn use?

I'd venture to guess they use the ESPN poll

ESPN doesn't have a poll? Unless you're referring to the USA today. Regardless, they'll probably use a bait and switch so we will be ranked on tv. Beat UF....

Yeah, you're right, I was just having fun on...****, it's still Tuesday

Lmao I know you were just ****** with me....I'm just tryin to take this one day at time. Saturday needs to hurry the **** up

Advertisement

1 Clemson
2 LSU
3 Alabama
4 Louisville
5 Oregon
6 Florida State
7 South Carolina
8 Washington
9 Ohio State
10 Texas A&M
11 Texas
12 Oklahoma State
13 Stanford
14 Georgia
15 Michigan
16 Florida
17 Bowling Green
18 Northwestern
19 Oklahoma
20 Cincinnati
21 Notre Dame
22 Miami (FL)
23 Wisconsin
24 Virginia
25 Baylor

If it wasnt for pre rankings that poll wouldn't seem so bad. They need to start polls in week 5 or 6

1 Clemson
2 LSU
3 Alabama
4 Louisville
5 Oregon
6 Florida State
7 South Carolina
8 Washington
9 Ohio State
10 Texas A&M
11 Texas
12 Oklahoma State
13 Stanford
14 Georgia
15 Michigan
16 Florida
17 Bowling Green
18 Northwestern
19 Oklahoma
20 Cincinnati
21 Notre Dame
22 Miami (FL)
23 Wisconsin
24 Virginia
25 Baylor

What exactly is wrong with this poll?

What did Alabama do on Saturday to make them number one?

1 Clemson
2 LSU
3 Alabama
4 Louisville
5 Oregon
6 Florida State
7 South Carolina
8 Washington
9 Ohio State
10 Texas A&M
11 Texas
12 Oklahoma State
13 Stanford
14 Georgia
15 Michigan
16 Florida
17 Bowling Green
18 Northwestern
19 Oklahoma
20 Cincinnati
21 Notre Dame
22 Miami (FL)
23 Wisconsin
24 Virginia
25 Baylor

What exactly is wrong with this poll?

What did Alabama do on Saturday to make them number one?

Here's a few right off the bat:

Washington 8th? Bowling Green (17th?!?!), Cincinnati and Virginia ranked? Stanford 13th? LSU 2nd? Oregon 5th? Georgia ranked higher than Florida?

Advertisement
The point of the polls is to rank how teams are playing at that moment. Whos to say Bowling Green isnt the 17th best team right now? You don't know until you let things play out. You cant rank teams based solely on how good you think they CAN be, you rank them on what they have done thus far, at least for the first few weeks.

I applaud this guy for not following the simple code of just dropping losers and boosting winners. Its one of the big problems

The point of the polls is to rank how teams are playing at that moment. Whos to say Bowling Green isnt the 17th best team right now? You don't know until you let things play out. You cant rank teams based solely on how good you think they CAN be, you rank them on what they have done thus far, at least for the first few weeks.

I applaud this guy for not following the simple code of just dropping losers and boosting winners. Its one of the big problems

Based on the "thus far" logic:

Virginia beating BYU 17-14 makes them the 24th best team in the country
Georgia at 0-1 still puts them ahead of Florida 1-0 and every other unbeaten team on his rankings
Oregon winning by 63 points puts them behind Clemson, LSU and Alabama who won by a combined 38 points?
Stanford who hasn't even played yet being ranked at all

Doesn't seem like that works along that line of thinking

Based on the "thus far" logic:

Virginia beating BYU 17-14 makes them the 24th best team in the country
Georgia at 0-1 still puts them ahead of Florida 1-0 and every other unbeaten team on his rankings
Oregon winning by 63 points puts them behind Clemson, LSU and Alabama who won by a combined 38 points?
Stanford who hasn't even played yet being ranked at all

Doesn't seem like that works along that line of thinking

Well based off of that logic then whoever plays savannah state every week is the best team in the nation... Georgia lost to a top team. Florida didn't manhandle toledo, they left a lot of points on the table.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Depending on what happens to Texas we have good reason to be top 15. #15 Texas is in a close game with BYU and #16 Oklahoma looks awful against an abysmal looking West Virginia team right now. #14 Notre Dame is getting spanked by Michigan so it is setting up for a good push in the polls this week

Advertisement
Back