Poll: Tanking or Bowl

Would you prefer Miami tank going 3-9 with a change at HC & AD at seasons end or 6-6 making a bowl?

• Tank with guaranteed changes

Votes: 61 50.0%
  • Make a bowl

Votes: 61 50.0%

• Total voters
Advertisement
We are not getting rid of Diaz this year, so get over that fantasy. Blake James may or may not get fired this year, but it likely won't happen just because the football team loses out.

This is a stupid *** question.

Tanking ain't gonna land us 5-star recruits like it'd land NFL teams higher draft picks, and Diaz is gonna get 4 years. Let's focus our attention on getting James fired so he's not in charge of the next search where he'd end up promoting Enos.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They ain’t getting rid of him this year even if he goes 2-10.

I wish we could live in a world where this scenario would happen so you can be proven wrong. (We aren't going 2-10 or 3-9 this year)

You can say whatever you want...Manny Diaz would not survive a 2-10/3-9 season. The UM program cannot afford to lose anymore season ticket holders. (I for one would not renew under this scenario) They practically begged me to renew this year right after the Wisconsin massacre.

I don't think you guys realize how bad a 3-9 or 2-10 season is. How toxic the program would get week to week after every single loss. From inside the administration, to boosters, to alumni, to the fans, losing recruits, players transferring, local media turning on the program..****, national media laughing at us every week! ..they would have no choice.

My goodness people actually think there’s above a 0% chance Diaz gets fired this season?

Fml

You can't fathom it because its been so long since we have been a 4-5 win team we don't know what would happen in this scenario. You posters who think it would never happen must be living in a cave. Fans were ready to jump ship after the CMU WIN and you think Manny would still have a job under this scenario below?

UM vs UVA (42-24, Loss)
UM vs GT (35-31, Loss)
UM vs Pitt (28-14, Loss)
UM vs FSU (45-42, OT, Loss)
UM vs UL ( 24-14, Loss)
UM vs FIU (17-3, Win)
UM vs Duke (49-10, Loss)

I don't think Manny would even be able to get back into Dade if we loss to FSU. You guys really have forgotten how unforgiving this city is. They will eat him alive. Blake too. So, No, Manny would not survive a "tanking" season.

Advertisement
You can't fathom it because its been so long since we have been a 4-5 win team we don't know what would happen in this scenario. You posters who think it would never happen must be living in a cave. Fans were ready to jump ship after the CMU WIN and you think Manny would still have a job under this scenario below?

UM vs UVA (42-24, Loss)
UM vs GT (35-31, Loss)
UM vs Pitt (28-14, Loss)
UM vs UL ( 24-14, Loss)
UM vs FIU (17-3, Win)
UM vs Duke (49-10, Loss)

I don't think Manny would even be able to get back into Dade if we loss to FSU. You guys really have forgotten how unforgiving this city is. They will eat him alive. Blake too. So, No, Manny would not survive a "tanking" season.

You couldn’t be any more wrong if you tried

UM vs UVA (42-24, Loss)
UM vs GT (35-31, Loss)
UM vs Pitt (28-14, Loss)
UM vs UL ( 24-14, Loss)
UM vs FIU (17-3, Win)
UM vs Duke (49-10, Loss)

Please, we can beat Tech..

I'd prefer we improve week after week, make a bowl, win it, then head into recruiting season looking like a team heading in the right direction. I have been very tough on this staff, but we are not getting blown out. We aren't quitters. Problem is, we are terribly slow starters. That is a big deal, and it needs fixing. However, it's not as big of a problem as having no talent and no ability to compete. This team just needs a fire lit under their butts. They need real motivation, not motivation that comes in the form of bling.

We are a team that is showing we have an inexperienced coaching staff. How quickly that staff grows up will determine how we end the season. I'd prefer they improve and finish on a roll than to stink up the joint and have us go through coordinator after coordinator, hoping something works.

Advertisement
This isn’t the NFL obviously but it is big business. The Dolphins are trying to ultimately win this way. I never will root against Miami but with the staff putting together dismal showings each week, I don’t have much faith in the coaching and AD. Rip me if you want...
You’re a fool.

Honestly dedicate some effort to your own life and try to accomplish something worth a ****.

Seriously focus on yourself you have a lot to learn if You don’t even know and aren’t capable of setting up a Gofundme on your own.

You don’t speak for all canes fans. It’s a terrible look for the program and to recruits and yes it’s worst than our play on the field. Because it gives the impression that the community is not really behind the team.

Whatever you spent on this project could have been used to put more Canes fans in the seats of the stadium.

You think it’s clever and it’s making a difference. It not in the way that you think it is.

You’re setting the program back and you’re too dumb to realize that you are doing our Rivals work for them. “Coach I heard ppl are getting fired is that true?” But then you guys will say this coach can’t recruit. And maybe they aren’t the best but I’d like to see you answer to a kid and convince him to come to a school where there are rumors of firings and lack of fan support 5 games in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back