Poll: Should Manny Be Given 2 More Years?

Poll: Should Manny be given 2 more years as head coach of the Miami Hurricanes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since @NorthernVirginiaCane thinks that Manny should be given 2 more years as he’s a new Head Coach - and he has called me tiresome in this regard - as if he speaks with a majority voice - for taking the position that Blake should be gone and the new AD should deal with making a coaching change - and I believe Manny should be replaced in that process this year - I think it’s needed to show the tone of the board so we know who’s tiresome and who isn’t. If the board thinks my position is tiresome, I’ll stop. If the board thinks @NorthernVirginiaCane is a troll or a poRster, then let it be shown.

You’re vote is visible, cannot be changed and you have to vote to see the results.
This is gonna be the Harlem globetrotters vs Washington generals of polls
espn basketball GIF by Harlem Globetrotters
espn basketball GIF by Harlem Globetrotters

Advertisement
You are so dumb. I've certainly never advocated to give him two more years. Please find a post where I said that and I'm happy to never post here again. All I've said is I'd like to wait until the end of the season to make a more informed decision about firing him this season or not. Nothing about next year or the year after. You're an embarrassment to Virginia.
Keep insulting me Troll. You’re done. A year and a half. You have cried that he’s a new coach who should be allowed to finish out his contract.

No. I was in school there during the start of the second glory days (1999). But the dumbness of this board astounds me. Past performance, good or bad, has zero predictive value. First year results have very little value in judging the future success of a new coach. And talent trumps everything else usually. A run of bad luck has caused this fanbase to experience brain rot.

"A run of bad luck"?? Either you need to get your head out of your ***, or you need to get a more clever trolling schtick.
@No_Fly_Zone called it.

Times up.

Advertisement
If he wins out, he stays. And he should get that 4th year if that happens. Any agent will look at Miami firing him after that sideways.. I know ppl wants the wheels to completely come off weeks ago..but if this team wins he stays. Simple as that. Unless you have a coach rdy to step in…Mario is not coming to Miami to work under Blake so y’all can kill that notion. If Blake is here it’s not happening
I agree on Blake which is why he needs to go first. I agree that if Blake stays and Manny wins out, Manny would probably get that year. I don’t think it will be seen as sideways if a new AD is hired and he wants his own HC in here.

This guy who’s run all over the board calling people dumb, is a troll.

1. Schedule. Literally the hardest schedule in the country. Lol.

2. Returning players are all hurt.

When you guys come back to planet Earth let me know. I'm trying to disengage but the dumbness here is overwhelming ...

Led the Manny excuses brigade. This went on nonstop last week and point 1 was completely destroyed this week. Now he says “6th hardest”. Let’s check back end of season where that SOS is.

Advertisement
I voted for 2 years only because I see improvements and the only other option you gave was dismissal this year. I am 100% for one more year based on the improvements I have seen, especially since TVD. I've wanted TVD or Garcia since the spring. King was too risky since he could be gun shy and he missed too many practices. TVD and Garcia got practices and both looked really good. Our season would be totally different if one of those two were early starters, also I wanted TVD last year as King was going to be a one and done but covid altered that and he got another year darn it. Imagine if TVD had last year under his belt coming into this year. Even if we drop a remaining game or we win out but Pitt stays on top Manny deserves one more year minimum.

One other aspect is with LSU, USC, and probably fsu and the gator looking for a new coach with huge budgets, the pickings might be too slim for our budget.
Mario is a great option BUT he is not coming back to the U when he can demand huge bucks anywhere else beyond what the U can afford. As I have stated elsewhere, we need to get off the coach merry-go-round. Manny has been in tune with our problems and has expeditiously fixed them as quick as can be expected. He is limited in fixing a college program yet has used the portal wisely getting some exceptional players. Recruiting is key and he will be handicapped if this will he stay or will he go continues, especially with the gator and fsu demise, we should clean up Florida high achool talent but not if this charade continues.

I imagine that any assistant coach watching our progress would love to join the U and with the many firings Manny should get the pick of the litter, especially get an innovative DC., but not if his job stays on the line. We will join all the other losers looking for what might not exist.
We’re not going to land recruits with Manny staying. We’re going to lose some of our better assistant coaches. He tries and I credit him for that but he wasn’t ready for this level of job. He has been in charge of the defense for 6 years and he bet on himself as DC.

We just need to move ahead now but that has to start with the AD going today.

Led the Manny excuses brigade. This went on nonstop last week and point 1 was completely destroyed this week. Now he says “6th hardest”. Let’s check back end of season where that SOS is.
I don’t hate Manny like others. I think he tried but I also think he wasn’t ready for the job and while he tried to fix some things, he‘s responsible for everything on the defensive side of the ball, from LB recruiting to playing guys he should have benched to scheme to becoming the DC…

He isn’t showing any great coaching improvement. It’s a cluster every week. It’s time to move on if we’re going to improve and be respectable as a program.

Advertisement
I agree on Blake which is why he needs to go first. I agree that if Blake stays and Manny wins out, Manny would probably get that year. I don’t think it will be seen as sideways if a new AD is hired and he wants his own HC in here.

This guy who’s run all over the board calling people dumb, is a troll.
Now that’s a whole different story..but with the jobs open rn a New AD would be behind the 8ball when it come finding a coach. The only way that works is if UM already has a AD in mind and that guy is working back channels with coaches he’d be interested in bringing to Miami with great him

Advertisement
He’s anything but a Canes fan. Definitely a Nole or Gaytor troll.

This abomination of an athletics department, AD, and HC has to be demolished, and a completely new foundation has to be laid, with competent and experienced professionals running the operation, not rank amateurs and hustlers.
Totally restructuring the athletic department would be a monumental task I just don’t see happening. There is obviously a fractured BOT where only a select few are even aware there’s a football program. With the number of BOT members and each with their own special interest/s, it would seem virtually impossible to come to some kind of consensus or agreement.

There will be several variables between now and the end of the season. Most notably how many more wins/losses. I believe the best we can hope for is James is fired or reassigned first and Manny is fired thereafter or a new AD evaluates the situation and makes a decision on the HC position.

You are so dumb. I've certainly never advocated to give him two more years. Please find a post where I said that and I'm happy to never post here again. All I've said is I'd like to wait until the end of the season to make a more informed decision about firing him this season or not. Nothing about next year or the year after. You're an embarrassment to Virginia.
*****, only thing ppl like about Virginia is ******-

Oh. The troll-a-puss is dead.

Since @NorthernVirginiaCane thinks that Manny should be given 2 more years as he’s a new Head Coach - and he has called me tiresome in this regard - as if he speaks with a majority voice - for taking the position that Blake should be gone and the new AD should deal with making a coaching change - and I believe Manny should be replaced in that process this year - I think it’s needed to show the tone of the board so we know who’s tiresome and who isn’t. If the board thinks my position is tiresome, I’ll stop. If the board thinks @NorthernVirginiaCane is a troll or a poRster, then let it be shown.

You’re vote is visible, cannot be changed and you have to vote to see the results.
I voted he’s gone but if it’s truly Mario or bust then we may be stuck with him.

Advertisement
Back