Poll - Diaz is 3 players away from being in the national championship game

Coach Diaz is three players away from being in the national championship game?

• a: true - If Gregory Roussea: Jalean Philips, and Brevin Jordan could have somehow been convinced

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • b: false - we still would have found a way to loose

Votes: 155 85.6%

• Total voters
Defense:
DE - Greg Rousseau
DT - Nesta Silvera
DT - Jared Harrison Hunte
DE - Jalean Philips
LB - Sam Brooks
LB - Corey Flagg
Strkr - Gilbert Frierson
CB - Tyrique Stevenson
SS - Gurvan Hall
FS - Bubba Bolden
CB - Tecory Couch

Offense:
QB: D'Eriq King
RB: Cam Harris
WR: Charleston Rambo
WR: Mike Harley
TE: Brevin Jordan
TE: Will Mallory
LT: Zion Nelson
LG: DJ Scaife
C: Corey Gaynor
RG: Navaugn Donaldson
LT: Jarrid Williams

1. This would be the 1 line in the country, Alabama wouldn't be able to stop two freak 1st rounders. This would have a cascading effect for the rest of the defense.
2. Solid linebacking corps would look to take its game to the next level
3. Secondary has got the talent to get the work done especially with the Dline
4. D'Eriq will be in the Heisman chase
5. Donaldson would drastically improve the run game and Nelson might make all acc this year
6. how in world do you stop rambo, harley, jordan, and mallory
7. not listed but depth is pretty solid.

I think if manny was able to convince those three guys to return than i think the alabama game is a toss-up, they win the rest of their regular season games, acc championship, and meet alabama in the championship again.
What say you

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is such a homer/blinded by my team take.
Brevin is average, if you disagree list the games he took over and dominated a la Winslow.
Phillips gets washed out against anyone above average
And Rousseau is unproven, I’m tempted to call him average also because he never dominated a single game or stood out against any good competition.

Ehhhh

LB is still a wash.... scheme or not it was a black hole that honestly came full circle against UNC

Advertisement
Defense:
DE - Greg Rousseau
DT - Nesta Silvera
DT - Jared Harrison Hunte
DE - Jalean Philips
LB - Sam Brooks
LB - Corey Flagg
Strkr - Gilbert Frierson
CB - Tyrique Stevenson
SS - Gurvan Hall
FS - Bubba Bolden
CB - Tecory Couch

Offense:
QB: D'Eriq King
RB: Cam Harris
WR: Charleston Rambo
WR: Mike Harley
TE: Brevin Jordan
TE: Will Mallory
LT: Zion Nelson
LG: DJ Scaife
C: Corey Gaynor
RG: Navaugn Donaldson
LT: Jarrid Williams

1. This would be the 1 line in the country, Alabama wouldn't be able to stop two freak 1st rounders. This would have a cascading effect for the rest of the defense.
2. Solid linebacking corps would look to take its game to the next level
3. Secondary has got the talent to get the work done especially with the Dline
4. D'Eriq will be in the Heisman chase
5. Donaldson would drastically improve the run game and Nelson might make all acc this year
6. how in world do you stop rambo, harley, jordan, and mallory
7. not listed but depth is pretty solid.

I think if manny was able to convince those three guys to return than i think the alabama game is a toss-up, they win the rest of their regular season games, acc championship, and meet alabama in the championship again.
What say you
What have Manny done to prove to you that he can have a formidable game plan to compete with the Saban coaching staff? It's not all about the guys on the field, It has a lot to do with the coaches putting them in the right position to succeed on any given play. We had players and talent, just not a competent strategy to compete!

I'm not yet sold that Manny can play chess yet against his opponent across the field.

Advertisement
denzel.gif

Advertisement
This may be the worst thread in the long history of putrid threads started here on CiS.

OP has to be a Nole or Gaytor plant.

In what universe does any rational thinking person think that with the 3 added aforementioned players we would be a playoff/championship caliber team?

**** no. OL is basically the same average group as last yr. Who knows if Deriq King will be at 100% full strength off the knees injury. LB unit is unimpressive... those 3 would improve the team no doubt but they'd be lucky to come out of the ACC with that group. They always underperform a few games per year as well

((((((((Clearing my throat))))))))))

Weren’t 2 of those 3 players available, healthy, fully engaged in that thrashing put on by UNC?

Aren’t we returning the same team sans Rambo on Offense? So I’m supposed to forget & believe the bludgeoning that Clemson & UNC gave us w/ 2 of the 3 players here, would magically disappear if Greg came back along w/ them?

OK, sure....15-0. Lol. Fck it, why not?

Advertisement
Back