Poll - Diaz is 3 players away from being in the national championship game

Coach Diaz is three players away from being in the national championship game?

• a: true - If Gregory Roussea: Jalean Philips, and Brevin Jordan could have somehow been convinced

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • b: false - we still would have found a way to loose

Votes: 155 85.6%

• Total voters
Advertisement
"b: false - we still would have found a way to loose"

Aside from the grammar, my issue with your poll is that "found a way" implies fault, either coaches, or team apathy, or some combo.

I believe our team just isn't good enough to be a championship team yet, even with 3 additional NFL-quality players. We have the talent to get to the ACCCG but not to win it unless we're lucky or multiple players take a large leap in performance between now and the end of the season. If we lose, it's not because we "find a way" to do so, it's because we're straight out not as good as Clemson.

That's not excusing Manny. He needs to keep upgrading both players and staff. Adding higher quality LBs, and more talent across the board are critical to being more competitive among the Top 5-10 programs. We need to have another class or two like the 2021 class. And getting a dedicated DC and someone better than Patke would be my first two staff upgrades.

So "c" -- "we're trending in the right direction but multiple upgrades away from making the championship game"

true romance smile GIF

Seriously? Cmon man ....BUT that's totally the right spirit 😁

As long as you're not betting the farm on it ( Or anything else for the matter).....talk all the smack you want

There's ALWAYS hope..NOTHING is impossible and STRANGER THING'S HAVE HAPPENED IN TEAM SPORTS...

For instance, I remember seeing Villanova who had lost to Georgetown 3 times previously that year by double digits shoot 70% in the Championship game and shock thr world...(although Rollie also being one helluva coach certainly helped too)

Advertisement
This thread excites me to no end. I mean as you get older you think you are starting to forget and then the OP forgets:

Linebackers running 10 minutes late to the hole
Line isn't all that good
Pictures of our CB standing there as receivers toasted them for touchdowns
Dropped passes
Linebackers keeping blockers busy as running backs went by

Linebackers I thought deserved two.

We can get there but need some talent in critical areas or for players to be coached up and with some new coaches let's hope. Change is needed mentally as well because it just seems like sometimes they just don't think they can do it.

I don’t think we could get to the NCG if those 3 players were named Lewis,Reed and Taylor....we are a loooooong way from competing with the top teams....we need to figure out a way to beat UNC.....we’re getting there but we are a long ways from being there..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back