Point of concern.

Advertisement
I guess he simply forgot how to kick, right? Look at his career numbers then get back to me. If he were a freshman I would be concerned.

His long snapper weighs 180lbs oops he has gained 10 lbs in the last week (LMFAO) 190 lbs (check my porsts from 2 weeks ago he was 180lbs back then)

I was the only one to point this out back then.

Seasons change my friend

Long snappers are rarely lineman size.

The good ones always weigh at least 200#

Yes or no?

Do you honestly have stats that prove this? Where is the evidence a 200 lb long snapper is better than one that is 190? How does weight make one able to snap a ball to a holder? Yeah, I'd understand if a guy was 85 pounds, but a guy 190 can be VERY athletic. See, I don't know, running backs, WRs, DBs, etc.

I guess he simply forgot how to kick, right? Look at his career numbers then get back to me. If he were a freshman I would be concerned.

His long snapper weighs 180lbs oops he has gained 10 lbs in the last week (LMFAO) 190 lbs (check my porsts from 2 weeks ago he was 180lbs back then)

I was the only one to point this out back then.

Seasons change my friend

Long snappers are rarely lineman size.

The good ones always weigh at least 200#

Yes or no?

Do you honestly have stats that prove this? Where is the evidence a 200 lb long snapper is better than one that is 190? How does weight make one able to snap a ball to a holder? Yeah, I'd understand if a guy was 85 pounds, but a guy 190 can be VERY athletic. See, I don't know, running backs, WRs, DBs, etc.

I love you broham but your logic isn't clicking right now.

Just for schits and giggles lets look at our next 2 opponents' long snappers,

UNC 6'2" 225#
FSU 6'3" 248#

Bama well fvck it

The 6-foot-2, 220-pound Fletcher picked Alabama over Florida State, Oregon and Texas A&M.

Nation's top long snapper Thomas Fletcher commits to Alabama | AL.com

Need more stats?

I think your disconnect logically comes when understanding that there is a period of time after the ball has been snapped that the "long snapper" actually has to control a gap before the kicker kicks the ball.

Take that for a run-on sentence

Last edited:
Advertisement
All this talk of Richt being better than al. If that's true why are we so far behind last year's fg pace? It was a thing of beauty watching last year's offense drive inside the 20 then kick the ball down the other teams gullet.
Exactly... If we don't kick more FG's this season, I'm flying a banner!

Advertisement
I agree. It's very concerning that through 4 games we've only had to kick 4 field goals.

I agree. It's troubling that this year the offense has been selfish by scoring TDs in the red zone and not giving him a chance for a few chip shot field goals.

Last edited:
I tell you what he is doing, booting that ball into the end zone so no one can return it. We haven't had that since Monroe. Yes, Monroe.

I agree. It's very concerning that through 4 games we've only had to kick 4 field goals.

I agree. It's troubling that this year the offense has been selfish by scoring TDs in the red zone and not giving him a chance for a few chip shot field goals.

2/4

I don't think the issue is the "total amount of FG's".

Ever heard of the word 'percentage'?

2/4

Fsu kicker was 0-3 Saturday against unc and has been terrible all year.

Could be worse

Advertisement

2/4

Could be worse

Did you actually watch our FG that was blocked?

hideous protection...hideous trajectory

2/4

Could be worse

Yes

I didn't say anything about ours. Fsu missed all three field goals and cost his team the game.. Badgley is nowhere near that terrible.

It's relevant because we are now playing fsu. I'm sure Badgley will pull it together but blocking is correctable and he hasnt had a terrible history of trajectory problems so I, along with most, are probably not too concerned

Advertisement

2/4

Could be worse

Yes

I didn't say anything about ours. Fsu missed all three field goals and cost his team the game.. Badgley is nowhere near that terrible.

It's relevant because we are now playing fsu. I'm sure Badgley will pull it together but blocking is correctable and he hasnt had a terrible history of trajectory problems so I, along with most, are probably not too concerned

Is 5'9" 180# correctable? (I guess it is because the official rooster gave him 10lbs in the last 3 weeks)

It seems that the word "percentage" is still a mystery to some of you

And the concept of a "sample size" is foreign to you.

Michael Badgley tied @88th of 97 cfbstats.com - 2016 National Player Leaders

And has one blocked.....the one that was blocked was a 24 yarder......that's basically extra point range....that causes concern

I take the size of the sample....just like your urologist does

Our closest margin of victory is 14 points. Kid has not had a pressure kick yet. You can take that two ways: 1) his has not missed a pressure kick yet, or 2) he has one made one yet. I am more concerned with the fact that we have not play good in snow yet this year.

26/26 on PAT's. Hard to do any better than that.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back