Podcast with Tyriq McCord

I saw Haskings at the last bball game laughing and carrying on. Boys will be boys, I guess.

Advertisement
Tyriq <3's D'Onofrio

Agree. He seems to be a big fan of Coach D.

But I did find it interesting that he wished he had red-shirted, and had the chance to play this season for the new staff.

I loved Tyriq, but he said some very telling things in his interview about the last 4 years that had me shaking my head. We never had a chance. Tracy Howard was right when he said people play just so they can put it on instagram or something like that.

I hope CMR can find a lot of kids that love football. When you look up and down our commit list it seems to be a common trait. Most of our kids, and some of our lower rated kids just seem to love the game. That should bode well for the future on game days, but especially in every other facet of the program

Advertisement
If nothing else, Tyriq gets my respect for this:

2013-10-0515_35_15.gif

That was one of my highlights of the year.

I loved Tyriq, but he said some very telling things in his interview about the last 4 years that had me shaking my head. We never had a chance. Tracy Howard was right when he said people play just so they can put it on instagram or something like that.

I hope CMR can find a lot of kids that love football. When you look up and down our commit list it seems to be a common trait. Most of our kids, and some of our lower rated kids just seem to love the game. That should bode well for the future on game days, but especially in every other facet of the program

This is yuge. Have to find kids who love to play the game and who will work hard.

Advertisement

This is yuge. Have to find kids who love to play the game and who will work hard.

It's one of the most under appreciated aspects of the game @Rok. People always talk about how Dantonio and other coaches like Patterson take 3* kids and make good runs year in and year out. The reason is that 85 kids are selling out and buying into the program. I think CMR is setting a good foundation.

Look at our lowest rated commits and you find nasty, hard nosed kids that have the good chip on their shoulders. the kind of chip that makes you work harder because you weren't highly rated. I know Dykstra doesn't get a lot of love, but kids like him and Gaynor will be animals on the interior of the line in 2-3 years. These are the types of kids who will bite, eye gouge, fish hook, ball grab, and do all those nasty things that are required in the trenches. Give them time to get used to the speed and size of the game down here.

. These are the types of kids who will bite, eye gouge, fish hook, ball grab, and do all those nasty things that are required in the trenches.
Tell me a little more about that ball-grabbing. Give me a minute to get my grease.

Nasty things happen on the bottom my friend, but i'm sure you know this already. Here's a little story, do you have your grease ready?

My junior year our center was getting destroyed by a NG the whole first half. Eaten alive every which way. Our OL coach at the time calmly relays the message to our center that if he doesn't neutralize this kid quickly he's going to regret being born. Well wouldn't you know on the very next series the NG goes limping off holding his crank. kid never came back. Next day on film you see clear as day our center, in the middle of a pile, reach out and grab this kid by the crank and balls with a kung fu grip and twist very hard. S&M story for sure, if you're into that type of thing

Advertisement
. These are the types of kids who will bite, eye gouge, fish hook, ball grab, and do all those nasty things that are required in the trenches.
Tell me a little more about that ball-grabbing. Give me a minute to get my grease.

Nasty things happen on the bottom my friend, but i'm sure you know this already. Here's a little story, do you have your grease ready?

My junior year our center was getting destroyed by a NG the whole first half. Eaten alive every which way. Our OL coach at the time calmly relays the message to our center that if he doesn't neutralize this kid quickly he's going to regret being born. Well wouldn't you know on the very next series the NG goes limping off holding his crank. kid never came back. Next day on film you see clear as day our center, in the middle of a pile, reach out and grab this kid by the crank and balls with a kung fu grip and twist very hard. S&M story for sure, if you're into that type of thing

That's fvckin hot!

That's fvckin hot!

Should've been nominated, but it went straight to VHS

Thanks for that, friend. In a weird way, we just had relations.

Advertisement

moar_00.jpg

Thanks for that, friend. In a weird way, we just had relations.

So wait, i get to count the "living legend" on my roster? I'll have a extra special notch for you on my bed post

View attachment 40924

That was so disturbingly funny that i can't stop looking at it.

Advertisement
Back