Podcast with Lorenzo Lingard and D.J. Scaife

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
CISlogo.png

In this edition of the CanesInSight podcast presented by CanesWear, 2018 commits Lorenzo Lingard and D.J. Scaife join the show.

[SOUNDCLOUD]322007526[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Nice work [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]. Any idea who's in the group chat with The Ambassador, both commits and those not yet committed?

Advertisement
So the Ambassador has a committee. Like any true Ambassador, I'm sure he's sending his agents to spy out an new possibilities that could be persuaded to join The Storm, and protect against infiltrations from Teardrop Nation.

Nice work [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION]. Any idea who's in the group chat with The Ambassador, both commits and those not yet committed?

There are several different ones. Commits & non-commits.

Advertisement
Isn't sitkowski, lingard, pope, and Hightower all enrolling early

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Petey, Talking about Gus.... IMO- He was mishandled last year & I think Brown knows it too. I wasn't all that upset about Yearby Flying but to lose Gus is a lot bigger than maybe a lot think. He's had a rough go at it here, injuries & what have ya. But I'm telling ya, "He was coming into his own & was ready to break out this year".

Not saying he would have over taken Walton for the start position but He would have got his shots & made something with them. This always reminds me of the RB's from the late 90's early 2000's that said" U wasn't gonna get that many carries & when U did U had to make them count".

I really think Gus would have pushed Walton even more & would have done his job. Really hated to see him transfer.

Petey, Talking about Gus.... IMO- He was mishandled last year & I think Brown knows it too. I wasn't all that upset about Yearby Flying but to lose Gus is a lot bigger than maybe a lot think. He's had a rough go at it here, injuries & what have ya. But I'm telling ya, "He was coming into his own & was ready to break out this year".

Not saying he would have over taken Walton for the start position but He would have got his shots & made something with them. This always reminds me of the RB's from the late 90's early 2000's that said" U wasn't gonna get that many carries & when U did U had to make them count".

I really think Gus would have pushed Walton even more & would have done his job. Really hated to see him transfer.

Gus had multiple years to prove himself and never showed he was anything other than above average here, quite honestly. I'm not sure he would have had an impact on this team next season. Homer could have still very well been the #2 . That's my opinion.

Advertisement

Ok Vern

Gus had multiple years to prove himself and never showed he was anything other than above average here, quite honestly. I'm not sure he would have had an impact on this team next season. Homer could have still very well been the #2 . That's my opinion.

Honest question, Pete (since I have no "favorite" running back that I constantly mention)...is there a chance that Gus was just starting to benefit from better coaching, and could have had a much better senior season (compared to his average underclass seasons)?

It just seemed like Gus was running with more confidence and purpose last year, and was starting to show his potential.

He knew he wasnt beating out Homer so he saw the writing on the wall and bounced.

Advertisement
Talk about cerebral, heady, high IQ, and moxie. This dude Lingard's insight into his rival's mentality, strength, weaknesses and therefore his approach to that 300M race was amazing to hear. He is mature beyond his age. Happy to have him. I wonder what they do with a recruit who commits elsewhere, but is currently on the text thread with them like Jamarcus Chatman? Did he get removed?

I swear these Podcast threads end up being cats talking about Hip hop beats like this is a listening lounge or some other **** that has nothing to do with the topic. And you got a guy on here putting "Plies album" and "classic" in the same sentence. LOL. Come on man!

Linegard sounds like he is very very competitive & DJ just sounds like he hates whoever is lined up from him (in a good way). I like when we have current commits on because it makes me feel like they are 150% committed after hearing them speak on Miami. Again Pete your time & effort are much appreciated.

Advertisement
Back