PODCAST: The Portal and Enos ft. Lance Roffers and D$

View as article
Advertisement
Great podcast, im alittle weary of repeatedly running the dive play comment that lance made. But other than that im pretty excited bc lets be honest any hire at OC is an upgrade. Also i hope we end up pulling both qb transfers. Im done with dumb as dog**** perry, the talent doesnt match the headache. With Hurts i think we get consistent above average qb play which makes us coastal champs.
Ay watch your mouth about capt perry. That homie gonna haunt you. Lol

OC AND Qb's coach. That's about right.

This guy wants to be a HC again and he has about a 3 year window to make it happen. I don't think this dude is coming down here to **** around. He's coming for blood and using it to update his resume.
Agreed. What does Sparty need most? His path is clear; 2, maybe 3 years tops. All the more reason we need to hire someone with enough heft to become his successor and not sacrafice continuity. We may not be able to do it like Clemson but there are other ways to achieve consistent coaching and implementation.

Advertisement
I finally had time to listen to this podcast.

Lance and D, what a great assessment. I couldn’t be more hyped coming out of these past two weeks and listening to your thoughts on Enos and the transfers.

Everyone’s moaning about some of these assistant coaches and their past experience or a fit. Manny came in with completely unknown guys in Bamds, Patke and Rumph and delivered a top 5 defense. All unproven. The one guy that had the marquee name was Coach Kul. And he turned out to be the guy that had the least impact from a recruiting and development perspective on the defensive staff. Simpson, also unknown as a college DL coach, is 10x the position coach that Kul was.

I want to see Diaz and Enos get the guys they want to install the offense and defense that they want, and put the program back together according to their vision. And it looks like Manny is well on his way to doing just that with Enos and the portal. I’m pumped.

Great podcast. Sorry it took me so long to listen to it.

Advertisement
Back