PODCAST: The 4th Quarter ft. D$

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
D$ and I dive into our thoughts on the program as the 2020 season heads into its final quarter, including what to expect from UM coming off the COVID byes and how Miami could finish off the cycle in recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I want to say it’s the connection, but maybe I’ve been listening to too many of those Zagacki interviews.
Cringe Wince GIF

Agree with you on your 4 priorities, D. Good to hear we're bringing in Payton. I really hope they increase the class cap to account for transfers, because, we could use another 3-4 kids. Even with we get the 4 guys we want with the remaining counters, we're going to be hurting at a couple of spots without the cap relief.

Would love to get a second CB, go all out for T2/Hood, take another swing at Alexis, bring in another OT and a third CB. I think then we'd be a complete team.

As far as where the team is at coming out of Covid, assuming we do play more games, I see the reason to be optimistic. I'm certainly more optimistic after 2 4th-quarter wins and finally overcoming that bye-week bugaboo.

But I just don't see consistent play on either side of the ball. When have we had a complete game from this team? Not yet. Which means each of the next 2 games against Wake and UNC will most likely be nail-biter toss-ups. IMO, these shouldn't be tossups with a QB like King and a defense that is in year 5 under Manny. That's fundamentally my frustration point.

The good news there -- all of our position group weaknesses are less pronounced. OL is better with Zion emerging. WR is much better with all three starters gaining confidence and making plays (they need to make more, especially in the YAC area). Brooks stepping up at LB is a major change for the better. And Couch totally changes the situation at CB. Again, if the rest of the guys could gel, we could have three special games and head into a top bowl game with lots of momentum. Still too many question marks right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back