Podcast: Standish Dobard, recruiting, and k9cane

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
This edition of the CanesInSight podcast features an in-depth conversation with Standish Dobard, who just wrapped up his Miami career. I discuss recruiting for a bit and then dive into some details behind Brad Kaaya's decision to turn pro with Steve Kim, aka [MENTION=1464]k9cane[/MENTION]. We also discuss the quarterback position moving forward.

[SOUNDCLOUD]301157814[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Lies

[MENTION=14978]KrazyCane[/MENTION] thinks we're a better program without Brad Kaaya

At least his name fits him

Advertisement
Lies

[MENTION=14978]KrazyCane[/MENTION] thinks we're a better program without Brad Kaaya

At least his name fits him

Much better position... Kaaya has always handicapped this team's potential, now its finally over and we can move on.

I think you are wrong about St Louis, Pete. I think he played worse as the season progressed.

b9FipPIYAb6gw.gif

Advertisement
Your comments about the offensive line are disturbing

Mark Richt better figure something out between now and August....and if his plan is to hope and pray that the current JAGS on the rooster will somehow get better then we're all in for a very disappointing season

We need more Miami-level talent at the OL. I don't see any Miami level guys on this line

Grad transfers, Juco, drop bags off for Slaton and Herbert....do what needs to be done but get it done

The staff really missed on Leatherwood...that kid wanted to be here. Drove down to Miami on his own dime on more than one occasion to compete at our camps and to catch our games

And I'm not even going to mention the heritage kids SMH

Last edited:
1st- Stan, wanna thank you for your time at the U and coming in taking a big chance when a lot was so up in the air and really not knowing what was gonna happen with the program . And to be honest I really believe you have a future on the DL. If you would have started over there in the spring there's no telling what kind of last year you would have had . I for 1 will be keeping up with you and I hope wherever you land the DL coach is a good one and the D fits what you will grow into .Good luck my man and give em ****.

If Jeff Thomas is really a Illinois vs Miami battle I feel optimistic. We should win that battle. He's got to realize the opportunity he has here, the chance to play right away at a top notch program, and be on TV.

Advertisement
Great job Pete. Keep up the great work!
Standish could have been bitter with the way his career went and he's not. Sounds like a great young man.
Hopefully we can close with OL and WR come Feb 1. Give me Thomas, Pouncey, and 2 more high end OL and I will be happy.

Advertisement

Mark Richt better figure something out between now and August....and if his plan is to hope and pray that the current JAGS on the rooster will somehow get better then we're all in for a very disappointing season

We need more Miami-level talent at the OL. I don't see any Miami level guys on this line

Grad transfers, Juco, drop bags off for Slaton and Herbert....do what needs to be done but get it done

The staff really missed on Leatherwood...that kid wanted to be here. Drove down to Miami on his own dime on more than one occasion to compete at our camps and to catch our games

Leatherwood was bought and paid for by BAMA looooong time ago. Save me the whole "he really wanted to be here" narrative.

I haven't listened to it the podcast yet but I take it a short summary of the recruiting portion would be "we fawked".

Agree that the OL situation is really disturbing. So much of our game depends on a good run game and central to that is blocking. Furthermore, if we are going to have an inexperienced QB taking over, protection is paramount. I really hope there are some Grad Transfers, JUCO, or some flips that can bring in some talent there.

Advertisement
Back