PODCAST: Spring Deep Dive (Offense) ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
D, great podcast! I really appreciate your work. I think Perry is really going to surprise some folks. I know he got into a lot of trouble but most of the talented guys do. Just look at Jameis Winston, Peyton Manning, Johnny Manziel, etc. Peyton did way worse— he just only had police reports because social media didn’t exist. The reality Nkosi was in a bad situation. Richt didn’t change up the play calling, and Perry didn’t have a coach. Neither of the QBs did. I don’t blame Perry for last year because Rosier looked bad too and said Richt refused to audible and the frustration even got to DeeJay who got into a small altercation with Richt.

We also have to talk about the wide receiver drops when discussing QBs. Cager was hit in the hands a lot and dropped passes. I just really think we have to address this entire issue in context. Perry is the most talented QB. He’s got the most upside. You can’t coach his skill but you cAn coach ball placement and reading defenses. Those are the small fixes. Trevor Lawrence is what Nkosi can be from a talent perspective. The QB carousel hurt us. Clemson slowly moved Lawrence in and then switched. That’s how you bring young guys along. Trevor didn’t look pretty in every game but he eventually got the confidence to ball out against the tide.

D$ featured himself in the Podcast. That’s swag! As always, good stuff.

Easy to be the guy constantly b*tching about what others are doing huh?

Why don’t you try contributing something yourself for a change?

Yeah it's amazing how it's always the fans who don't even click on film links who make the most definitive statements about who's good and who isn't. And then they attack the people whose opinions oppose their blind consensus.

I have to admit that I had a very low expectations for Zion Nelson. He was dead last in my stack ranking of last year‘s commitments. The fact he’s even in the discussion is a tribute to his athleticism and talent, which I frankly didn’t see on film like many if you did. Funny how Kennedy had our attention.The same staff that found Nelson also recruited Kennedy, and I think a 50% hit rate so far is to be expected. I just didn’t get the right one, LOL.

It still leads me to think we need to find another OT in the portal. We are way too dependent on the young guys to hold up, and they often get injured with too much pounding. Need to hope for the best but plan for the worst in this case.

Advertisement
I have to admit that I had a very low expectations for Zion Nelson. He was dead last in my stack ranking of last year‘s commitments. The fact he’s even in the discussion is a tribute to his athleticism and talent, which I frankly didn’t see on film like many if you did. Funny how Kennedy had our attention.The same staff that found Nelson also recruited Kennedy, and I think a 50% hit rate so far is to be expected. I just didn’t get the right one, LOL.

It still leads me to think we need to find another OT in the portal. We are way too dependent on the young guys to hold up, and they often get injured with too much pounding. Need to hope for the best but plan for the worst in this case.

Especially when the most important games are from week 6-week 11. I know we have three bye weeks and an easy schedule, but it wasn't set up so favorably towards us because byes are way before/after the meat of the schedule while our most important opponents play us right after a bye week (except FSU).

I actually like our OL right now, but if theyre gonna be this young we really need to get SOMETHING out of Kennedy, and develop a guy like Hillery, Campbell, Herbert, Jakai Clark and Reed.

Especially when the most important games are from week 6-week 11. I know we have three bye weeks and an easy schedule, but it wasn't set up so favorably towards us because byes are way before/after the meat of the schedule while our most important opponents play us right after a bye week (except FSU).

I actually like our OL right now, but if theyre gonna be this young we really need to get SOMETHING out of Kennedy, and develop a guy like Hillery, Campbell, Herbert, Jakai Clark and Reed.

I don't think we should waste time with Kennedy and Brown in 2019.

LT Scaife | Nelson

LG Donaldson | Hillery

C Gaynor | Clark

RG Reed | Campbell

RT Herbert | Elgammal

Scout team: Brown, Griffith, Kennedy, Lerman, Dykstra

I don't think we should waste time with Kennedy and Brown in 2019.

LT Scaife | Nelson

LG Donaldson | Hillery

C Gaynor | Clark

RG Reed | Campbell

RT Herbert | Elgammal

Scout team: Brown, Griffith, Kennedy, Lerman, Dykstra

The Kennedy thing is baffling to me. By all accounts he was really good for Butler and other schools saw the talent in him as well. Obviously the difference between FCS and FBS is huge but there are plenty of guys who go on to have NFL careers from FCS and stuff, so where did we go wrong on his eval? Even Lance Roffers was fooled and that guy is a nerd!

Could it just be that he just can't handle athletic DLs, but could do a fine job playing Va Tech (they are very weak at DL this year), Duke and Ga Tech quality DL if we get desperate?

Advertisement
Next week.

Here's what I want to know, D$. Do you think this team should be ****** Tech and the University of ******? Because the Athlon guys believe our offense will continue to suck and our defense is taking a big step down from last yet.

Advertisement
Back