Podcast: Season wrap-up & looking ahead with DMoney

View as article
been saying since the news broke about kaaya potentially leaving. there is no way in **** rosier will be the qb here. It has to be Allison or perry.

Advertisement
D$ can you please explain why perry would start over Allison? How do their arms compare? Football IQ? Is Perry more of jerrad Evans athlete or Lamar jackson?

I've never seen Perry live so this is just speculation, but Perry looks more like a Teddy Bridgewater-type. A scramble-to-throw guy who is athletic but not a runner.

D$ can you please explain why perry would start over Allison? How do their arms compare? Football IQ? Is Perry more of jerrad Evans athlete or Lamar jackson?

I've never seen Perry live so this is just speculation, but Perry looks more like a Teddy Bridgewater-type. A scramble-to-throw guy who is athletic but not a runner.

DMoney, with all the Perry speculation, it seems that Weldon has been absent from discourse surrounding our future at qb. With your knowledge, can he come in and compete as well? I feel like everyone is forgetting about him.

Advertisement

DMoney, with all the Perry speculation, it seems that Weldon has been absent from discourse surrounding our future at qb. With your knowledge, can he come in and compete as well? I feel like everyone is forgetting about him.

Weldon has the advantage of getting here early. Perry is higher on our board as a prospect but that all goes out the window once they start playing. I'm excited to watch Weldon-- he has a pretty strong arm and can run.

Compare young Pete to every other Canes insider and he comes out on top every time. Plus, we aren't giving him any money for his info like the idiots on Canesport, ITU, etc.

People just gotta stop shooting the messenger...

Yall act like Pete was the one recruiting Harley lol

His job is to report what he's been told from staff within the program, if he was wrong about a recruit it's because the staff was wrong...

Learn to to aim your frustrations at the right person, it'll save you a whole lotta headaches in life.

Advertisement
People just gotta stop shooting the messenger...

Yall act like Pete was the one recruiting Harley lol

His job is to report what he's been told from staff within the program, if he was wrong about a recruit it's because the staff was wrong...

Learn to to aim your frustrations at the right person, it'll save you a whole lotta headaches in life.

If the Canes hired Pete that would be the sort of Power Move we need to create a pipeline with Columbus

Dmoney, I was really high on Allison after watching his highlights. What is your honest assessment of his potential to be an effective starter here?

Advertisement
Dmoney, I was really high on Allison after watching his highlights. What is your honest assessment of his potential to be an effective starter here?

Allison has a chance to be really good but is nowhere near a finished product. That's my impression from practice and the vibe I get from those around the program. He was with the scout team all year and with the backups in camp, so it will be interesting to see what he does with the 1s. We are extremely thin at OL and WR so he never had great talent around him in practice. With that said, he had some flashes and really ugly moments as well.

His upside reminds me of Paxton Lynch. Similar physical tools, very raw coming out of high school. Allison is legit 6'6 and athletic with a whip-like arm and release. His issues are seeing the field and consistent ball-placement/accuracy. It will be interesting to see how far he's come in spring. Lynch went through growing pains and I expect the same for Jack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWmXBFtiGpk

I know everyone loves Qb talk, but OSU's embarrassement restated the importance of the oline. If no Herbert, what are we doing to replace him. We need left tackles BAAADD. There is no guarantee Donaldson ends up there and we need depth anyway.

Add to that, the pic of Sonny after bowl game and I am even more worried. Still in a boot and looked huge(dont know if its good or bad weight). Will he be ready next fall?

Last edited:
I know everyone loves Qb talk, but OSU's embarrassement restated the importance of the oline. If no Herbert, what are we doing to replace him. We need left tackles BAAADD. There is no guarantee Donaldson ends up there and we need depth anyway.

Add to that, the pic of Sonny after bowl game and I am even more worried. Still in a boot and looked huge(dont know if its good or bad weight). Will he be ready next fall?

Donaldson said he is playing RT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back