PODCAST: Realus George and Pat Cooney

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
realCIS.jpg

Miami fullback commit Realus George joins the show.

Southridge assistant coach Pat Cooney comes on to talk recruiting and more.

[SOUNDCLOUD]359630351[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Realous George from mechanicsville? That’s the hood lol. He is going to be a beast for us. Really like his film.
Always have said that we need to get some more georgia kids.

Last edited:
Great stuff, Pete. George sounds like another Silvera type kid. Are we sure he doesn't play DT for us when all is said and done? I love his confidence and attitude. Hilarious story about Sapp. ... Don't know enough about rap to know if his top 2 are any good...

Good to hear the Ridge is reloading. Pope and Wiggins are going to be lights out for us. Gotta keep that local pipeline going.

Pete, one question for you. You noted once again that Bonitto is on our board but not very high up. Why?

Advertisement
Pete, one question for you. You noted once again that Bonitto is on our board but not very high up. Why?

whoever identifies Linebackers isnt great at identifying linebackers, thats the only explanation I have. Its been the one area I been confused about how they go about it. I dont count Zach Shaq or Pick cause golden had them locked in.

Like I said so far, it can change but so far thats how I view it.

whoever identifies Linebackers isnt great at identifying linebackers, thats the only explanation I have. Its been the one area I been confused about how they go about it. I dont count Zach Shaq or Pick cause golden had them locked in.

I can't argue with you. I like Wilder's athleticism. But he's a project. I liked Steed before his injury, jury's out if he's going to come back strong. But who will step up to replace Shaq and Pinckney when they (most likely) leave early after next season? I have no idea right now.

Diaz is the LB coach so it’s all on him.

I had one more comment about that podcast. Other than homesickness, I don't understand why DJ Johnson could possibly be bummed out. He came in very late, and is sitting behind three guys who are going to the NFL in 3 months. Next year, if he just trusts in Kul, he'll see the field as much or more than anyone else on that DL. He'll sub in for D Jax and even play interior on obvious passing downs. Once again, he'll be behind 2 NFL kids in Joe and D Jax. What more could he ask for?

Advertisement

I can't argue with you. I like Wilder's athleticism. But he's a project. I liked Steed before his injury, jury's out if he's going to come back strong. But who will step up to replace Shaq and Pinckney when they (most likely) leave early after next season? I have no idea right now.

I dont believe the whole 2019 is stacked argument either when we have 2 classes of proof 17 and 18, its concerning right now. Im hoping the whole 19 thing is true, sam brooks is a 5 star type LB and Im pretty sure we will snag him early on in that cycle

I dont believe the whole 2019 is stacked argument either when we have 2 classes of proof 17 and 18, its concerning right now. Im hoping the whole 19 thing is true, sam brooks is a 5 star type LB and Im pretty sure we will snag him early on in that cycle

The 2019 LB class is stacked in South Florida though.

If you can't agree with that, you have no business bashing Diaz's ability to evaluate LBs. Bonitto doesn't exactly have a lot of great options, so just bashing our staff is dumb. FSU, UF, Bama, UGA etc all don't want him.

I actually agree with you that I think he should be a take, but I can understand if we've got other guys higher.

If you can't agree with that, you have no business bashing Diaz's ability to evaluate LBs. Bonitto doesn't exactly have a lot of great options, so just bashing our staff is dumb. FSU, UF, Bama, UGA etc all don't want him.

I actually agree with you that I think he should be a take, but I can understand if we've got other guys higher.

I meant 2019 as an excuse for guys not to be targets this cycle. I trust 2019 ia stacked n i believe it but i dont think a guy like saban waits a whole class because of the following years class. I think we r ok at LB but if Pick or Shaq hoes down we in trouble

Advertisement
I didn't know Dontae Lucas is a Cane lean. That's great news. He used to be all Gaytor.

Exactly. For me it ain't about stars it about how great of an athlete and what you have to work with (Size, Speed, Length, Quickness, IQ etc). Great athletes will ALWAYS have a chance to translate well into college ball (ie: Norton, McIntosh former mid 3 stars who were very athletic). Even if they don't translate at a position they can still give you something in special teams. The only person on our class I question their athleticism is Ivey but Ivey is a CB with length. Length + Great technique at CB and he will be just fine when he adjust to the speed of the game (ie: Michael Jackson).

Still it is mind blogging that Miller is higher then Bonnito in our target list. Now if Manny had coach Kul's resume of being able to make 2 star recruits at a place like Missouri and turn them into 1st round NFL prospect I wouldn't have a problem. Manny has proven to be a great hire as a coordinator but he still has to prove he can evaluate, recruit, and get production out of his entire (at least 2 deep) group at LB.

I meant 2019 as an excuse for guys not to be targets this cycle. I trust 2019 ia stacked n i believe it but i dont think a guy like saban waits a whole class because of the following years class. I think we r ok at LB but if Pick or Shaq hoes down we in trouble

I'm on the boat of you gotta take at least 1 if not 2 of each position every recruiting class even if the next class is loaded (except kicker and punter thats every 3/4 years).

Advertisement
Lol at Pete saying the best “rap” is coming out of Atlanta area. Lmao come one man. That’s not even rap.

Lol at Pete saying the best “rap” is coming out of Atlanta area. Lmao come one man. That’s not even rap.

Pete telling no lies here actually. Atlanta has a lot of talented artists, some that a lot of people don’t know about other than the mainstream artists.

Agreed.

2019 should have no bearing on what we do this year. Bonnito looks good but I’ve got faith in these guys.

Pete telling no lies here actually. Atlanta has a lot of talented artists, some that a lot of people don’t know about other than the mainstream artists.

If they’re anything like the mainstream garbage then it’s garbage.

Advertisement
Back