Podcast Q and A

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF
It’s hard to keep up with all these injuries. Never seen anything like it.

Advertisement
Any update on UM, Clemson etc. trying to leave the ACC? It's been pretty quiet on that front since the season started but with the Big XII announcing its new deal with ESPN and Fox Sports, UCF will be getting a larger payout than Miami and FSU, and that deal will be up for renewal before the current ACC deal expires with ESPN. Are wheels still in motion behind the scenes or are we ****ed for the next 13 years?

Also, when are we switching back to Nike?

GIF by KARE 11
I like these questions.

What's up with what seems like an unusually high number of our players getting injured?

For awhile posters would rag on the former S&C coach and opine that the present coach (at that time) was better.
Don't see those comments this season.

Advertisement
Do we get TVD back in time for FSU? If not, will Garcia displace Kirby Freeman as the most unexpected QB to lead the Canes to victory over the Noles?

Do we use Harvey as our spy vs Travis like we did vs UVA? He's more agile than our starting LBs, so why not? Personally, I would have liked to see Stevenson (or James Williams if he were healthy) in that role, but I guess we need him more in coverage because our backup CBs aren't trustworthy enough.
We could use Harvey, JW(if healthy) or Mitchell Agude in that role. Wes Bissianthe could as well but he doesn't get the PT yet. We need to be prepared for Travis this week. We did a good job vs Brennan Armstrong so let's build off of that and keep it going.

Why did Gattis regress back to the offense they started the season with when Garcia was QB1?
You’re a smart guy. If you saw a QB turn the ball over 5 times in just over a half, you reel things in and run the ball lean on defense.

Can’t play that way this week though.

Advertisement
Why? I think he has all the tools to be great college ball player. Is his injury that serious?
Why? First of all I have been the President of the Chase Smith fan club from day 1. In order for him to develop he needs reps and he just isn't getting them. Next year Wes will be ready to play a ton and we will have Uber talented freshmen Malik Bryant, Popo Aguirre and Bobby Washington in the mix. Add to that I don't see Flagg going anywhere. If Smith is going to do something then he needs to make his move as soon as he is healthy whenever that is. Bottom line is that I see his window of opportunity beginning to close. I'm still pulling for the kid as I agree that he has talent.

I recall Oregon having a lot of injuries last year. We obviously have had many this year, more than I can ever remember us having. Is it Feld? Is Mario/staff more conservative? Are practices just that more physical? What the **** is going on

Advertisement
Devon Perry looked good in the spring game, he’s only got 5 attempts this season but averaged 6.2 yards. Lucious has seen more snaps lately why not Devon?

You’re a smart guy. If you saw a QB turn the ball over 5 times in just over a half, you reel things in and run the ball lean on defense.

Can’t play that way this week though.

Ok, that’s understandable.

Call a conservative game to keep your young QB from ****ting the bed.

You can do that with the offensive formations and concepts TVD was running. There was no need to revert to the “Power Bro Spread” they started the season with.

It makes it look like Gattis was trying to prove that his offense works, and that TVD was the problem. I know that’s not the case, but it’s terrible optics and even worse in-game strategy.

Advertisement
Ok, that’s understandable.

Call a conservative game to keep your young QB from ****ting the bed.

You can do that with the offensive formations and concepts TVD was running. There was no need to revert to the “Power Bro Spread” they started the season with.

It makes it look like Gattis was trying to prove that his offense works, and that TVD was the problem. I know that’s not the case, but it’s terrible optics and even worse in-game strategy.
Yeah not sure about “power bro spread” but formations looks similar as all
Year to me, but Garcia was having issues completing a simple screen pass. He overthrew Parrish on a dump screen just didn’t even give him a chance, and tried a WR slip screen that he 1 hopped to the slot guy.

Garcia didn’t have confidence and neither did the coaches.

I still have yet to get on the pod. Hopefully this question is intriguing enough......If/when Satterfield gets fired at Louisville would Mario kick the tires on bringing him in as an OC given they have worked together before or will he promote Frank Ponce as OC, even though his presence on the staff has been questionable to this point, if/when Gattis is shown the door?🙏🙏🙏🙌🙌🙌
Ponce is fuqin trash and you want to promote him?

Ponce is fuqin trash and you want to promote him?
Not even close!!! I was just asking if they thought Mario would promote Ponce or would he kick the tires on Satterfield if he and Gattis get fired. I think if he promotes Ponce it will be his downfall!!!

Advertisement
Back