Podcast: Nigel Bethel jr & Erick Marrero (Paradise Camp)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
NBjr.jpg

In the third podcast of the week, Miami cornerback target Nigel Bethel jr talks about his expectations for Paradise Camp and and the chances he commits this weekend.

Erick Marrero also makes his podcast debut.

[SOUNDCLOUD]334063883[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Erick was a great guest to have on, this man is definitely on top of things regarding recruiting.

Have to respect his hustle.

Where's Erick going to school?

kid can fly. said he's 6'0, ran a pb of 10.60

[TWEET]886420615028199424[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
No doubt Erick was a really good one should definitely have him on again ... Looking forward to the podcast with Lingawd !!

Interesting that Bethel said the two coaches he's closes with are Banda and Brown. Says he talks to them everyday. Even with a recruit that doesn't have the highest profile, and plays CB, Rumph isn't brought up. Gotta take the training wheels off.

Unless Rumph isn't responsible for Bethel's part of SoFla.

Interesting that Bethel said the two coaches he's closes with are Banda and Brown. Says he talks to them everyday. Even with a recruit that doesn't have the highest profile, and plays CB, Rumph isn't brought up. Gotta take the training wheels off.

Didn't Pete say banda fell in love with his game during that camp?...

Advertisement

I heard it the way [MENTION=145]RiDLer80[/MENTION] heard it and then also thought that Rumph probably isn't responsible for the area. Wish I knew who covers which areas.

I heard it the way @RiDLer80 heard it and then also thought that Rumph probably isn't responsible for the area. Wish I knew who covers which areas.
Coach Brown is the Dade area recruiter, Banda mainly recruits PB, but he also has connections with staffs that he'll be the guy for certain prospects.

Diaz recruits Dade as well, but also travels to other areas depending on the recruit. Hartley recruits the 904 pretty heavy, but also along with Searels will recruit Georgia for OOS prospects.

It all really depends on the player, the area recruiter comes into play for the initial stage of the recruitment, but closing the deal is mainly on the prospects position Coach.

Our staff does a lot of their recruiting as a collective, but again it depends on which kid you're talking about.

I heard it the way @RiDLer80 heard it and then also thought that Rumph probably isn't responsible for the area. Wish I knew who covers which areas.
Coach Brown is the Dade area recruiter, Banda mainly recruits PB, but he also has connections with staffs that he'll be the guy for certain prospects.

Diaz recruits Dade as well, but also travels to other areas depending on the recruit. Hartley recruits the 904 pretty heavy, but also along with Searels will recruit Georgia for OOS prospects.

It all really depends on the player, the area recruiter comes into play for the initial stage of the recruitment, but closing the deal is mainly on the prospects position Coach.

Our staff does a lot of their recruiting as a collective, but again it depends on which kid you're talking about.

Where's Rumph's area?

Where's Rumph's area?
Broward

Advertisement

I've been a Rumph defender and just regarded the negative opinions as sour grapes, but some things have me wondering if he should be criticized. The CB Coach should be in contact with all the local CB prospects we offer, at least enough to get mentioned. Lastly the Campbell relationship can't go ignored, in that nothing positive seems to have transpired in regards to us. I digress- would love Bethel's commitment, seems his lack of a long term relationship has him more interested. Do love our current class of DB's and hope Rumph can regain my recruiting confidence.

Where's Rumph's area?
Broward

Except AH

Rumph also recruits Hendry and Glades, which of the two only Glades matters. Ole Clewiston hasnt sent one meaningful to my canes since Al Marshall. Hopefully Jamarkis Weston shows out this year and next . I believe h will be special and he wants to be a cane great kid too

Advertisement
Is bethel on the same level as jalen Patterson, trenell troutman, miguel edwards, and Asante Samuel? Because these were the kids we ignored while chasing the plan A kids.

Brown and Banda recruit Dade County, Rumph broward county...

Shout out to the young gun Erick marrero, good job on the first appearance on the podcast

Advertisement
Back