PODCAST: Miami-UNC preview

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
realCIS.jpg

In this edition of the Canesinsight podcast presented by CanesWear, I am joined by Andrew Carter of the Charlotte Observer to preview Miami's upcoming game against UNC.

I also discuss the latest with Miami's recruiting situation at QB and LB.

[SOUNDCLOUD]348717005[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Appreciated the S/O Pete!

My suggestion on a Juco or Grad Transfer TE was only based on if Michael Irvin II got kicked out of school.
But since he's not, no reason for it.

Thank you for the clarification on that.

If we don't get 2 fast quality LB this class I'm gonna be upset. How can you look at our LB group and think it any good? Smith, Perry are slow and ain't any good. McCloud has been below average. Jennings is to slow to run Manny's run around system. Steed ain't any faster either. How are we suppose to run a system that require our LB to run sideline to sideline with slow LBs? Then you add on how every position group on our team has improved somewhat except LB. Our OL isn't great but they're better then last year. We need a LB coach who can recruit good LBs.

It also mad suspect that all of a sudden some of our commit ain't signing on early signing day.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Listening to Carter describe the state of UNC football these days has me reminiscing of Jim Mora

[video=youtube;Tie0tz7jGDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI[/video]

If we don't get 2 fast quality LB this class I'm gonna be upset. How can you look at our LB group and think it any good? Smith, Perry are slow and ain't any good. McCloud has been below average. Jennings is to slow to run Manny's run around system. Steed ain't any faster either. How are we suppose to run a system that require our LB to run sideline to sideline with slow LBs? Then you add on how every position group on our team has improved somewhat except LB. Our OL isn't great but they're better then last year. We need a LB coach who can recruit good LBs.

It also mad suspect that all of a sudden some of our commit ain't signing on early signing day.

Lord you sound like a triggered snowflake. Lol. Take it easy. I want bonitto too but our lb depth is fine. We're returning 9 guys , plus mcray and gordinier. We'll be fine. Then when 2019 rolls around we're getting 4 bigtime studs with 2 already committed.

Sit is not going to decommit. This has a Jake Allen situation written all over. Preforms bad but still gets to stay on.

Advertisement
How do you feel about Cleveland Reed? From your conversation do you feel that he sticks and is not signing early to take visits? I saw on another site that he's looking at visiting Bama, UNC, Florida and Oklahoma.

What a mistake not to bringing a another QB. So much for staking chips.

We are banking on Perry it looks like. If he gets hurt in the future where is the depth?

Advertisement
What a mistake not to bringing a another QB. So much for staking chips.

We are banking on Perry it looks like. If he gets hurt in the future where is the depth?

I agree with all the Dual threat qbs in this class . I don’t agree with Richt on this and I think his son is wasted spot for a qualified coach

Appreciated the S/O Pete!

My suggestion on a Juco or Grad Transfer TE was only based on if Michael Irvin II got kicked out of school.
But since he's not, no reason for it.

Thank you for the clarification on that.

Glad he's still around, but I don't hear any fat lady singing just yet, LCE. I still vote bringing in a juco or grad transfer TE would be a great idea, IF we can find the scholarship. It's just hard to trust at this point that Irvin isn't going to make an off field mistake. His margins are thin now.

Advertisement
Back