PODCAST: Inside Scrimmage Scoop + Spring Game Preview ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good, honest evaluation of roster strengths and weakness. Disappointed to hear thoughts on current defensive ends, especially Harvey, so hopefully portal additions provide a significant upgrade.

Nice one. Listened to it on the way to meeting in gainesville to help my sanity.

Yes. Small g. Very small.

Always appreciate the short and sweet podcasts. Look forward to the Rashada podcast.

Advertisement
How about Chris Herndon as an Arroyo comp for a great blocker so we don't have to go all the way back to Bubba Franks lol

Herndon was a good blocker, wouldn't call him exceptional. Great name, though, I feel he's had a bum situation in the league. SO much potential... I also didn't think Everett was exceptional. What about Richard Gordon? What about Shockey? I've forgotten how good a blocker he was.

Really nice readout, guys.

I am a huge Thad Franklin fan, believe he has disruptive mismatch type skill sets and body type. My hope is Chaney is our #1 but Thad comes in during the second half and just obliterates tired defenses. Damien Berry ^ 2

Arroyo was my favorite offensive commit from the 2021 class. I'm a fan of Mallory even though he had a down year and his blocking was abysmal. I still think he can turn it around and be a breakout player this season. But we need to run a lot of 2 TE sets because Arroyo will destroy the midfield, and he blocks like a OT, ****, have 3 on the field with Skinner for a wild card play. Those three have serious talent.

I'm super happy to hear Steed and Keontra are legit stepping up. Can't wait to see Chase Smith in the Fall! Disappointed you didn't talk more about the OT situation. But crossing my fingers Mims solves that problem. You either deliberately or accidentally forgot all about Jordon Miller. Either way doesn't speak highly of his Spring performance. We need a plug with a good first step at nose ASAP!!

Advertisement
It’s great to hear our insiders move from desperate hope these past years to grateful relief that our beloved U is taking football seriously.

Winslow was a better blocker than all of them.....Go watch the block against Tennessee, where he annihilated 2 Vols....
Bubba was better than Herndon....

Attachments

• 2707A1D1-B298-412B-B849-EDEBDC044D42.gif
    2707A1D1-B298-412B-B849-EDEBDC044D42.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Advertisement
Most interesting takeaway is the Rashada effect. His commitment could mean Brown and another top WR to go along with Robby. Jean could come back or even Hykeem. Stay tuned those strong enough to handle recruiting.

All the holes that was mentioned on the podcast is y I’m not pushing the 10+ wins or bust wagon. I know this team; we have talent, but we have a lot of holes. Appreciate the honest assessment
anything or bust is pretty dumb tbh.

But we have a qb that could singlehandedly puts us in the 10 win category as long as we have average to even slightly below average production at a few spots.

It's like trying to fill a tub with a bucket that has holes in it. Having a top Qb is like having a much larger bucket compared to the rest of your opponents. As long as those holes aren't too big you're fine...

Advertisement
Back