Podcast: Impact of Willis departure, fan questions, & more

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
realCIS.jpg

In this edition of the CanesInSight podcast presented by CanesWear, I hit on a number of hot topics including Gerald Willis' departure and the impact it will have on Miami's defensive line, Paradise Camp, Jeff Thomas and Mike Harley, Josh Jobe and Gilbert Frierson's visit last week, and much more.

[SOUNDCLOUD]333326209[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pete, between JT, Cager and Mullins, do you have a favorite to win the 2 spot assuming berrios is locked in at the slot?

What's the word on Tyreic Martin?

He should be ready to go & get some snaps this season right?

This is what richt said yesterday. Looks like he's making progress

Richt expressed confidence about sophomore Pat Bethel, who “gained weight and strength” after moving from end. Little-used redshirt sophomore Ryan Fines, Richt said, “could give us some quality snaps.” Redshirt freshman Tyreic Martin, he said, is “starting to make some strong improvement. And of course having guys like [Kendrick] Norton and [R.J.] McIntosh is tremendous. We’ve got some good edge rushers.”

Mark Richt confident about Miami Hurricanes DTs, even without Gerald Willis | Canes Watch

Advertisement
They aren't fighting for the 2 spot. Cager will most likely be opposite Richards and berrios will most likely start the slot. JT and Harley will also garner time in the slot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They aren't fighting for the 2 spot. Cager will most likely be opposite Richards and berrios will most likely start the slot. JT and Harley will also garner time in the slot.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Cager brings a different type of threat than anyone else. It does appear that everyone is buying the JT4 hype which idk if I was expecting that. All that coupled with Mullins being my favorite recruit from 2016 so I'm obviously hoping he does big things at the U

Last edited:

I was going to ask the same question but had a complete brain fart. Couldn't think of his name lol.

I'd be surprised if Martin was an impact guy this year but I could be wrong

With Willis gone you still don't expect some snaps? Or will ford jump him immediately?

Im hoping R.Fines makes some noise in camp and can offer some quality snaps as the #5 or #6 DT

Advertisement
Back