PODCAST: Football is Back ft. D$ and Lance Roffers

View as article
Based on what? He's elite for his position. If you rely on recruiting services or you don't see that when you evaluate him then that's your problem. I'd take one Neal over 3 Solomons but he's a generational LT and those are as valuable as it gets outside of QB.
Solomon is a good coverage linebacker but he’s not on Neal or Stevenson level

Advertisement
Solomon is a good coverage linebacker but he’s not on Neal or Stevenson level

Time will tell if he has a better career than Stevenson. Impact college safeties are rare compared to LBs. Stevenson has the upside but Solomon is very polished despite his small frame.

"One on one does not show anything. It is not a passing contest, it is so much more."

Performance in scrimmage is the key for team trust.
The coaches have not endorsed any of the three.

"Opportunity for all 3."
If posters can't see that it is way too early to pick a QB , then it is a popularity contest, based on thin air.
Whomever performs the best in the 2 scrimmages is going to be the guy on 8/24. With all 3 close, I don't see the position being solidified unless the starter balls out (60%+ compl., 4/1 TD/INT). We may see multiple QB's on 8/24.

I just hope the starter plays well and runs away with the job because I don't want to see a bunch of flip-flopping. However, if the starter just plays ok to sub-par, I'd expect to see other QB's get an opportunity during the season if they're close in comparison at the conclusion of camp.

Advertisement
this. what if they make the wrong call, and that QB ends up throwing 2 picks out of the gate (rewind to UVA last year) and its clear he doesnt belong. you dont have a legit backup and you tanked your season on the shoulders of the wrong QB.
Then we probably have a 7-8 win type season but I don't see any of the qbs ****ting the bed that bad.

Listening now. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. The more I read about this QB battle, the more I am convinced these kids aren’t ceding anything, and the decision won't be final on August 24th.
Decision will be made 2 weeks before the 24th

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back