PODCAST: Fall Camp First Impressions ft. LuCane

View as article
Advertisement
Great stuff gentlemen. I'd like to see Dean take control of the CB spot next to thriller. That would allow those freshman to develop imo.

Advertisement
We need Dean to step up and be a contributor this year.

I honestly look at it as, “IF Dean can be a contributor this year, that’s gravy.” I’ve written the guy off in my mind, but it’s also true that he has the physical talent to be pretty good. If he can show 25% of the development MJ showed last year, that would be a HUGE plus. If he ends up being our second best corner...

The stars could align for a real special season.

I’m worried about our right side of the line after listening to DMoney. LSU is 4 weeks away and it sounds like we have major issues at RG/RT. Really wish we could move Vaughn back to RG and have Hillery/Herbert or a younger guy step up but it sounds like they are just not ready.

I’m worried about our right side of the line after listening to DMoney. LSU is 4 weeks away and it sounds like we have major issues at RG/RT. Really wish we could move Vaughn back to RG and have Hillery/Herbert or a younger guy step up but it sounds like they are just not ready.

Boulware will likely start at RG if he can pickup the playbook. He was starting at UT before he decided to not play for Al Golden pt2. Richt will have to scheme around that weakness on the right side of that is the case.

Advertisement
Great stuff gentlemen. I'd like to see Dean take control of the CB spot next to thriller. That would allow those freshman to develop imo.
Bandy already took it

Yeah, but I think Bandy is best at the nickel spot. If Dean is the day 1 starter, Diaz could run MJ, striker, Bandy and Dean in nickel a package against l$u. Even with the struggles l$u has at QB, I think Dean's veteran presence would be helpful in a big game on a big stage. Besides, that would buy the freshman some time to develop before ACC play.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can someone summarize for those of us who can’t listen

- How the freshmen TEs are looking and what can be expected
- What WR depth means to the team
- LuCane's focus on Redwine's progress
- D$'s biggest position concern to watch from camp
- LuCane's position concern to watch from camp
- Impact of the 3rd and 4th corner battles in camp
- D$'s late season impact from a sleeper DT
- Offensive variance ramifications
- Rosier variance ramifications
- + tidbits

We're going off the cuff in the discussions, so the devil's in the details. Others can chime in here to elaborate on those details.

"...Sorry about the sirens...the Florida Gators are holding a wide receiver meeting across the street..."

DEAD.

Advertisement
Back