PODCAST: Euphoria in the Gables as Canes advance to Sweet 16

View as article
Advertisement
Very under rated story is Pendande’s 19 points and work in the paint. She was a beast.
I was thinking of the same, especially during those first 10 minutes... she could have spotted in for the men's team with those incredible moves under the basket...

Great dubs for the men and women bball teams!!! Both knocking off their Indiana counterparts to reach the Sweet Sixteen!!!

Advertisement
Only one of 5 teams on the men's side with back to back sweet 16's. L is building us into a powerhouse.

Very under rated story is Pendande’s 19 points and work in the paint. She was a beast.
I am really impressed by the girls team. An understated part of the game was it was at Indiana, on their home court, with a chance at a sweet 16 bid. Go watch the full game high lights from ESPN. When Miami went on a run it was legit crickets. Place I think was sold out 17k+ fans and when Indiana went on a run it felt like a home game for them in a playoff atmosphere as I doubt many UM fans traveled to indiana. Place got rowdy and UM kept answering. Then add in Indiana had the game tied at 2-2, then never led (crowd somewhat died down) until the final 3 minutes when they tied the game multiple times including twince in the final minute in which they hit a 3 to tie the game 65-65 with 40 seconds left, then hit another 3 with 6 seconds left to tie it 68-68. Then Miami hits the GW with 3 seconds left and gets a steal before Indiana could get a shot off for the final 3 seconds.

Add on Miami only scored 8 points on like 1-9 shooting in the third quarter, very impressive.

Wow, now we have a sweaty @DMoney ...

will-ferrell-provocative.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back