PODCAST: D$ recaps spring game and talks team

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Great job D.
Sounds like Jarren will be QB1 in 2019. Let's get it

This is what the past two years sounded like

After spring in 16 - Malik is horrible and he will transfer out before fall

After last spring - coaches are just waiting on Perry to arrive he was handed picked and will start

At end of season (pre-Williams) - thanks Malik you can transfer again, this is Perry’s team.

Present day - Williams will be starter in 2019 and Perry should transfer out.

Fellas - let’s just let this thing play out.

After last spring - coaches are just waiting on Perry to arrive he was handed picked and will start

At end of season (pre-Williams) - thanks Malik you can transfer again, this is Perry’s team.

no.

Advertisement
Good stuff

Sounds like Perry has some work to do if he wants to even be named the starter in 2019 nevermind 2018

Fall camp will be huge for the QBs and OL

That's the thing, coaches never said that they were waiting on Perry to take the reins. That was some of our fans pushing their own desires and narratives. Coaches did say that they wanted to wait on Perry to arrive to see what he could do before committing to a starter. They did that and saw that Perry was not ready.

I agree with you though, lets just let things play out and see who earns the nod.

Love the DMoney pods. You are such a natural with it and make it sound like it comes easy. Great stuff!

Advertisement

I'm still not convinced Rosier won't somehow be the starter in 2019 too, I'm shellshocked bruh lol

Advertisement
@DMoney I may have missed it in the segment about the DT’s but I don’t think I heard anything about Jon Ford. Isn’t he the type of 1T that would be able to hold up against those playoff type OL’s?

Solid podcast as usual @DMoney.

In 2019, I have no doubt Williams will be a serious threat for that QB spot. I just don’t see it for this season. We will know more in the summer if Williams is getting serious reps with the 1st and 2nd Teamers. Until then, the Williams hype is just that. Safe to say Weldon will probably transfer too.

@DMoney I listened again, it is great insights.. I do question your belief in CMR as a great offensive Coordinator and play caller. Georgia took that role away from him, because of his vanilla style. He is a great recruiter and he knows talent.. he is more of a GM mindset.

My take from your thoughts on the O-Line; it is a major issue which means defenses will watch the Pitt and Clemson film knowing if you crowd the box Malik will not be able throw and he will make mistakes..

That is why Perry as a more of Lamar Jackson kind of QB makes more sense and letting Jarren Williams back him up to get playing time will help us for 2019. Perry and Williams can only get experience by playing sitting all year will put the program back a year.. time for a change, without a solid o-line it is hard to run a offense against real good defenses

@DMoney I listened again, it is great insights.. I do question your belief in CMR as a great offensive Coordinator and play caller. Georgia took that role away from him, because of his vanilla style. He is a great recruiter and he knows talent.. he is more of a GM mindset.

My take from your thoughts on the O-Line; it is a major issue which means defenses will watch the Pitt and Clemson film knowing if you crowd the box Malik will not be able throw and he will make mistakes..

That is why Perry as a more of Lamar Jackson kind of QB makes more sense and letting Jarren Williams back him up to get playing time will help us for 2019. Perry and Williams can only get experience by playing sitting all year will put the program back a year.. time for a change, without a solid o-line it is hard to run a offense against real good defenses

Great post. I understand CMR is a conservative by nature but his vanilla strategy and lack of creativity on Offense could be his biggest down fall. He relies too much on talent and does not think outside the box to run a more effective Offense.

Advertisement
Back