PODCAST: D$ answers questions from CIS community on recruiting, workout buzz and more

I remember when half this board had Garcia penciled in as the second team quarterback before the 2021 season simply because he looked great against the third string with no pass rush in the spring game. Whatever competition there was in practice, it must not have been that close because Tyler was locked in at QB2 the entire time.
It wasn’t close. That was around the time I was around Miami more and had more connections on staff. I was the first person here to say hey Tyler van dyke is a nfl player.

Advertisement
I remember when half this board had Garcia penciled in as the second team quarterback before the 2021 season simply because he looked great against the third string with no pass rush in the spring game. Whatever competition there was in practice, it must not have been that close because Tyler was locked in at QB2 the entire time.
Garcia was bad asf. I remember everyone spinning his measurables when we got him. I'm like he doesn't run isn't accurate and doesn't have an arm. That's bad I don't care how many stars u have. At least be able to move. The schools after him gave him the attention and he carried that momentum into recruiting. That's my opinion then and now. He did not have good measurables and I don't care if u won four HS state titles, those tools he was bringing into college weren't going to get it done for us.

Garcia was bad asf. I remember everyone spinning his measurables when we got him. I'm like he doesn't run isn't accurate and doesn't have an arm. That's bad I don't care how many stars u have. At least be able to move. The schools after him gave him the attention and he carried that momentum into recruiting. That's my opinion then and now. He did not have good measurables and I don't care if u won four HS state titles, those tools he was bringing into college weren't going to get it done for us.
I don't think physical tools are/were his problem. He's got a good arm, throws a nice ball. Has good size. Maybe not the fastest guy but either is TVD. Garcia's issues, IMO were more mental. He had/has way too much gunslinger in him and forces balls downfield way too often instead of taking the safe check down.

1686169255436.gif

Guys take it easy on Cristobal. Recruiting is picking up, he just landed Messi!

Advertisement
And look where some of those kids are now...... But no one wants to hear it about the so fla guys..
Almost like prior to Mario, most of the higher rated SoFla kids we took felt like UM owed them something. In the kids mind he’s doing UM a favor by choosing UM because he has better offers but if I sign, I’m doing whatever I want around here. Can’t make this stuff up lol

It wasn’t close. That was around the time I was around Miami more and had more connections on staff. I was the first person here to say hey Tyler van dyke is a nfl player.
And I for one was privileged enough to see it unfold live in Charlottesville, VA on a bright sunny afternoon. 4 or 5 OT game with a final score of 14-12….oh yeah, and it was my mothers very 1st UM game….she’s politely declined every other time I’ve tried to get her to attend a UM game with me lol thanks Jake Garcia lol

Advertisement
I remember when some on this board were all in on Tate Martell but maybe it was his sisters booty they were supporting?

I don't think physical tools are/were his problem. He's got a good arm, throws a nice ball. Has good size. Maybe not the fastest guy but either is TVD. Garcia's issues, IMO were more mental. He had/has way too much gunslinger in him and forces balls downfield way too often instead of taking the safe check down.
Agree to disagree, we will see in the coming years what happens with him.

Advertisement
I don’t ever think Garcia had a “gunslinger” mentality..Caleb Williams, drake maye have gunslinger mentality.. because they thinks they can react and make every throw no matter if they was fooled pre snap or has the tight window throw..Garcia, imo, pre determined where he was going presnap a lot..no matter what he was going there. Probably threw the worst type of INTs I’ve seen since Kyle wright..Then he took terrible sacks, threw balls in the dirt etc..it was pretty bad

Advertisement
I don’t ever think Garcia had a “gunslinger” mentality..Caleb Williams, drake maye have gunslinger mentality.. because they thinks they can react and make every throw no matter if they was fooled pre snap or has the tight window throw..Garcia, imo, pre determined where he was going presnap a lot..no matter what he was going there. Probably threw the worst type of INTs I’ve seen since Kyle wright..Then he took terrible sacks, threw balls in the dirt etc..it was pretty bad
A guy who forces terrible passes into coverage is my exact definition of “gunslinger”.

I remember when some on this board were all in on Tate Martell but maybe it was his sisters booty they were supporting?
Everyone always prefers the new toy. The freshman backup is always better than the older starter but the coaches don’t know it. They only play guys based on fAvOrTiSm.

I really hate this narrative. Not attacking you but it’s played out. Is x his bestfriend? 100%. Did he just dry decide to not workout the other wideouts? Heck no. Two way street. Keep in mind all those guys wanted Garcia to start no matter what Tyler did. They alienated themselves as much as he did. Heck I’m on campus everyday with one of the culprits
So it’s still beef with TVD and certain WR’s? That **** needs to stop for real.

Advertisement
Back