Podcast 22 - Recruiting Talk

View as article
One of the more depressing podcast I've heard thus far. Regarding DJ...I told ya'll I didn't trust his commitment. I told [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] that if this kid is picking us b/c his favorite shoe is Adidas and we're sponsored by Adidas, be weary.

I saw him in Sac several weeks ago and I had an opportunity to see Najee Harris. I'll be completely honest, I have no idea what competition is out there in Sac, b/c Sac is not really known for football prowess (you have to come further South in the Yay to see top teams)...but he looked good and I hope he stays in this class. He's so fast off the snap at his size and he has grown man strength right now. But it wouldn't surprise if he decommits. Out of all the commitments, he was the one I felt least comfortable with.

With all that being said, if we don't close strong in Richt's first full year as a coach, I'll be the most bitter I've been in the recruiting game. Every 1st year coach gets first year love, so if we don't get that bump in year 1, I'm going to be stupid sour. But it's not just b/c of the first year love, it's also b/c like [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] said, that 0-4 in October hurt us and there was no reason why we should've been 0-4 in October. 2-2 max, but 3-1 realistically.

Advertisement
Telfort > Bateman everyday and twice on Saturday, coach Searels is bitter because Telfort was one of the first to decommit an is now playing the south florida diva recruiting game. Another issue is if Bateman is having trouble academically in back woods Alabama how will stay eligible at Miami?

UM can't afford to have Olinemen not qualify late, when they could take Telfort who is an EE and has played way better competition.

The Alabama linemen Miami should be all over is Dlinemen Alec Jackson who could be a very good 3tech for miami.

Go Canes

this coach is the weak link on this team. The ol looks like **** every week and the one hindering the program. Not a good coach or recruiter we need to get Mario back. At least he can recruit and he **** sure cant be worse than this coach.

Jesus christwith this Mario **** fk that dude is a product of of saban. U know every coach looks great on sabans roster and when they leave they dog ****.......muffin is an example of this. If searles can close I have no problem withhim staying if he closes but every coach is a product of who's at the too. Muffin sucked everywhere and now he's with saban and he's great again? Its bs.....u go coach with saban to hit the lottery and cash out like everyone else.

One of the more depressing podcast I've heard thus far. Regarding DJ...I told ya'll I didn't trust his commitment. I told [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] that if this kid is picking us b/c his favorite shoe is Adidas and we're sponsored by Adidas, be weary.

I saw him in Sac several weeks ago and I had an opportunity to see Najee Harris. I'll be completely honest, I have no idea what competition is out there in Sac, b/c Sac is not really known for football prowess (you have to come further South in the Yay to see top teams)...but he looked good and I hope he stays in this class. He's so fast off the snap at his size and he has grown man strength right now. But it wouldn't surprise if he decommits. Out of all the commitments, he was the one I felt least comfortable with.

With all that being said, if we don't close strong in Richt's first full year as a coach, I'll be the most bitter I've been in the recruiting game. Every 1st year coach gets first year love, so if we don't get that bump in year 1, I'm going to be stupid sour. But it's not just b/c of the first year love, it's also b/c like [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] said, that 0-4 in October hurt us and there was no reason why we should've been 0-4 in October. 2-2 max, but 3-1 realistically.

I haven't listened to the podcast but when I saw dj Dallas tweet and djs reply I knew suttin was strange

If he can't close prayers sent because of he can't build off other classes and he's not getting his main targets he won't be coaching in four years here

Advertisement
Telfort > Bateman everyday and twice on Saturday, coach Searels is bitter because Telfort was one of the first to decommit an is now playing the south florida diva recruiting game. Another issue is if Bateman is having trouble academically in back woods Alabama how will stay eligible at Miami?

UM can't afford to have Olinemen not qualify late, when they could take Telfort who is an EE and has played way better competition.

The Alabama linemen Miami should be all over is Dlinemen Alec Jackson who could be a very good 3tech for miami.

Go Canes

this coach is the weak link on this team. The ol looks like **** every week and the one hindering the program. Not a good coach or recruiter we need to get Mario back. At least he can recruit and he **** sure cant be worse than this coach.

Jesus christwith this Mario **** fk that dude is a product of of saban. U know every coach looks great on sabans roster and when they leave they dog ****.......muffin is an example of this. If searles can close I have no problem withhim staying if he closes but every coach is a product of who's at the too. Muffin sucked everywhere and now he's with saban and he's great again? Its bs.....u go coach with saban to hit the lottery and cash out like everyone else.

All the south Florida high school like him , he gets his and lot more than I can say about our current staff . If he was here on this staff we have a lot better recruiting class . System or not we need talent . Add rs and Mario to the staff watch recruiting get way better

I haven't listened to the podcast but when I saw dj Dallas tweet and djs reply I knew suttin was strange

Don't, it's depressing. Cats Pete felt confident w/, now not so much. Henderson wearing UF gear in So. Fla like it's fashionable. Staff worried about DJ flipping. Pete worried about our DB recruiting. If we don't land McFarland, Burns would be our only back and Pete considers him a 2nd RB, not a first. Pete not so sure about WRs. Butch Da Gawd Davis already offering Brini...I mean, I felt like scratching my eye w/ a thumb tack, hearing all this ish...it was that painful.

Let's wait until after the Duke game and Richt has a chance to get in some living rooms before we panic. Still a long way to go here..

Advertisement
Really don't understand the Telfort situation, especially considering he was a former commit of our. Absolutely head scratching.

I don't get it. If we are short on O-Line depth and we aren't going to flip Herbert, why don't we go all in on flipping Telfort??? Puzzling....

Go Canes

Dude is so overrated it's sickening. Alabama lands 1-2 stud south Florida kids a year without him, and had the number one class without him. But people still want to give dude credit. Gtfoh

Saban is Bama recruiting , it's the name brand program now. It recruits itself.

Advertisement
Back