PODCAST: 2021 Season Wrap - Offense ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
Good podcast guys, thanks. Once again it was door to door home to work. How many transfers are you expecting when new staff takes over?

Good stuff overall.. Surprised most people didnt expect much from Rambo, dude produced early at OU even scored in playoff game against bama down here.. We have had #2 wr from buffalo come and do work.. Guys developed elsewhere have done well here.. Even early in season when people were tryna hype restrepo and/or Key Smith Rambo was that dude..

Always said Mallory NEEDED that redshirt, he had the measureables but needed time to marinate, with injuries we werent able to do that, his expectations were supposed to show this year but early on with that drop against Mich st, it was time to say he was a bust then late in season the light started to flicker so maybe it was just back to that original timeline. I dont think he will ever be a blocker (kid played split out, ran track and was smart to be recruited as Njoku role to Brevin as Herndon role) but in right offense he has value but hopefully he doesnt clog up development of the young guys behind him.

Dam Always felt Gaynor was a fullback here he was in backfield soo much but he gets love while his backup who seemed to step up for team get **** on, lol.. wtf.. I guess..

Advertisement
Clark was a clear upgrade from Gaynor.
Our last two OL coaches thought Gaynor was better than Clark, and a third OL coach just brought him as a transfer to a P5 school.

Clark is fine and probably equal to Gaynor at this point. But if Gaynor cost us the UNC game like Clark did on that INT, people would be calling for his head.

The guy who would truly upgrade the center position is Scaife. If we strike gold in the Portal, I hope he gets a look there. Seymore is also a superior talent to what we’ve had the past few years.

Advertisement
Our last two OL coaches thought Gaynor was better than Clark, and a third OL coach just brought him as a transfer to a P5 school.

Clark is fine and probably equal to Gaynor at this point. But if Gaynor cost us the UNC game like Clark did on that INT, people would be calling for his head.

The guy who would truly upgrade the center position is Scaife. If we strike gold in the Portal, I hope he gets a look there. Seymore is also a superior talent to what we’ve had the past few years.
Gonna have to disagree here D$, not sure if you might have a biased here but Gaynor wasnt good and him being older and having leg up on clark who was younger and coming off car accident injury and expected to redshirt doesnt disprove that. I just dont see the many plays Gaynor was pushed back into qb lap ever being held against him like clark.. Im not even saying clark is some all conference type or dominant player but he was a clear upgrade to Gaynor. Corches have biases, they are human, Gaynor is one of those over achiever hard work suck type players that corches fall in love with.

Oline played better with Clark, mind you Maribal probably gonna want to upgrade oline across the board but best believe Gaynor got his lunch took and had to bounce. I dont see how Searels gets counted as corch who wants him twice, wasnt it Searels who initially recruited him and at UNC now? Just weird flex how a guy like Gaynor gets positive but Clark who played better is called out.. I remember calling out Gaynor before and people wanting to say players next to him needed help and made him look bad, lol.. Boy was not good..

Sorry, brother. You've beaten this drum way too long and I understand the reasoning you've previously provided, but our last two coaches were apparently blind or biased to what he showed. Let's not make this another round of chopping down Gaynor, or using Clark's bad plays to prop up Gaynor. Gaynor's limitations spoke for themselves and almost everyone has seen and admitted them. He could do some things decently, looked like he really cared, and would have been welcomed back as depth. But, he really struggled with other things. And, I hope we slant right by him about 30 times when we play him.

Sorry, brother. You've beaten this drum way too long and I understand the reasoning you've previously provided, but our last two coaches were apparently blind or biased to what he showed. Let's not make this another round of chopping down Gaynor, or using Clark's bad plays to prop up Gaynor. Gaynor's limitations spoke for themselves and almost everyone has seen and admitted them. He could do some things decently, looked like he really cared, and would have been welcomed back as depth. But, but he really struggled with other things. And, I hope we slant right by him about 30 times when we play him.
Gaynor isn’t what I thought he’d be. That ship sailed a long time ago. It’s a miss.

But we are comparing two limited players. Either three consecutive coaches had the same blind spot for Gaynor, or he was the best of bad options. The latter is much more likely.

I hope Clark improves with Mirabal and we finally get push. More than that, I hope we get a true talent in there and get CFP-level center play for the first time in a while.

Advertisement
Gaynor isn’t what I thought he’d be. That ship sailed a long time ago. It’s a miss.

But we are comparing two limited players. Either three consecutive coaches had the same “blind spot” for Gaynor, or he was the best of bad options. The latter is much more likely.

I hope Clark improves with Mirabal and we finally get push. More than that, I hope we get a true talent in there and get CFP-level center play for the first time in a while.
I thought Clarke was noticeably better especially for coming of the wreck

Would be GREAT if Seymore took that spot. Is Rodriguez an OC candidate too? Or is he OG only? We need more size there. I know Seymore isn’t the biggest, but Rodriguez is atleast 6’2+ right?

Advertisement
I thought Clarke was noticeably better especially for coming of the wreck
We got stuffed in short-yardage just as bad in the second half of the season. And Clark’s whiff against UNC cost us the game. I think people were just tired of Gaynor.

We need better play there and neither guy has proven to be the answer. Clark still has time.

We got stuffed in short-yardage just as bad in the second half of the season. And Clark’s whiff against UNC cost us the game. I think people were just tired of Gaynor.

We need better play there and neither guy has proven to be the answer. Clark still has time.
You don't think pass blocking improved with him and Williams being added? It was night and day better , Tvd gets some credit but he had long periods to pass with good pockets

You don't think pass blocking improved with him and Williams being added? It was night and day better , Tvd gets some credit but he had long periods to pass with good pockets
Pass blocking definitely improved, but I think the main reasons for that were: (1) Zion played a lot better after UVA; (2) Williams played better than Scaife; and (3) Scaife was surprisingly good at guard.

Seymore has an opportunity at C. Hopefully he puts in the work. Mirabal recruited him at Oregon.

Advertisement
Back