PODCAST: 2021 Season Wrap - Defense ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
@DMoney I know you liked keontra at LB but he seemed to only get tackles on the boundaries. Do you really think he could take the next step as a starting caliber LB in the future? Do you know what the thought around the program is with chase smith??
Out of all the LB playing I thought Steed was the most consistent and the number show. 55 tackles compared to Corey Flagg 60 and he played a lot less.

I guess I didn’t understand why jennings or Flagg more snaps than steed when he was one of the best. Can you enlighten me

Last edited:
Enjoyed the podcast guys, thanks as always!! Im curious to see how many of defensive guys hit the portal. Aside from being talent deficient and receiving sun par coaching, do you believe that the defensive players were extremely hard workers/grinders? Being soft mentally and physically can be a byproduct of not being grinders. Like a striker supposedly showing up overweight and out of shape. After his previous season, I expected him to be a leader, and that evidently didn’t happen. Also, did they stay out of the sun a lot…seems like majority of the videos of them working/practicing, was indoors. IMO, the majority of work should be out in the elements, to become one w the S. Florida environ, to keep the Michigan States of the world from coming down here and gassing us.

Advertisement
@DMoney I know you liked keontra at LB but he seemed to only get tackles on the boundaries. Do you really think he could take the next step as a starting caliber LB in the future? Do you know what the thought around the program is with chase smith??
Out of all the LB playing I thought Steed was the most consistent and the number show. 55 tackles compared to Corey Flagg 60 and he played a lot less.

I guess I didn’t understand why jennings or Flagg more snaps than steed when I was one of the best. Can you enlighten me
Smith would benefit if we get some more size and length up front to free him up. Manny's scheme puts a lot on his backers. I still like Keontra's speed and instincts.

Chase should be a starter next year. He has been impressive since Day 1. No idea why he didn't play earlier. Agree on Steed as the most consistent veteran.

Enjoyed the podcast guys, thanks as always!! Im curious to see how many of defensive guys hit the portal. Aside from being talent deficient and receiving sun par coaching, do you believe that the defensive players were extremely hard workers/grinders? Being soft mentally and physically can be a byproduct of not being grinders. Like a striker supposedly showing up overweight and out of shape. After his previous season, I expected him to be a leader, and that evidently didn’t happen. Also, did they stay out of the sun a lot…seems like majority of the videos of them working/practicing, was indoors. IMO, the majority of work should be out in the elements, to become one w the S. Florida environ, to keep the Michigan States of the world from coming down here and gassing us.
I agree, we need a tone-setter on defense. We missed Shaq and Jaquan badly.

Nice send off to officially begin the offseason guys!

It sounds like we will be re-shuffling the deck a bit in the front 7. Also, it may be that once our coaching staff is finalized, we'll see a bit more of our roster changes via portal take shape. I have a feeling that there won't be as many guys to depart and be added via portal as we all think (not including the guys that have already left via portal).

I say under 3 guys added via transfer portal. Also, biggest recruiting job right now for Mario is TRob/Tyrique. We get that and we're seriously cooking because even with CMD led team, we were easily a 9 win regular season team and likely a 10 win team if you count the bowl season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back