PODCAST: 2021 Fall Camp Preview ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
MLB and DE are my biggest concerns, particularly MLB. We cannot roll Jennings out there for meaningful snaps against Alabama.
There’s a chance I turn it off if McCloud and Jennings trout out to start. It’s like waiving the white flag. Please don’t do that to my eyes.

Time to grow a beard and find some mountains to hike if that happens to start Fall.

As an aside, what’s up with the Tyler Johnson hype? Any idea what his measurables are. I couldn’t find much info. I’d rather see 51 start than 44 based on nothing more than what the camp coach told D-Money.

Great stuff, guys. D - didn’t realize how much of an athletic dude Johnson is…great to hear. I remain concerned about DE. One of the weakest spots on defense. If 12/DJ don’t show, oof, gonna be a tough year.

Advertisement
Great stuff!!! I'm with you on Graves, I commented on another thread a couple days back that he has the highest upside.

I'm not buying the Tyler Johnson hype. I hope he turns out to be a monster however I've heard too many times about too many guys, this guy is a freak and he's under the radar or w.e.

Great stuff, guys. D - didn’t realize how much of an athletic dude Johnson is…great to hear. I remain concerned about DE. One of the weakest spots on defense. If 12/DJ don’t show, oof, gonna be a tough year.
Here are some games from 2020. Armella is the LT for Columbus:

Defense takes a step back IMO.

DT - Nesta was overrated in high school and everyone else is a jag
DE - We lost 3 first rounders and now we're playing McCloud there and a linebacker transfer from garbage Tennessee lol because Miami doesn't ever recruit. Everyone behind them is a jag
LB - LOL. Worst linebacking unit in Miami history, maybe the worst in the entire power 4 or power 5 or whatever and Manny did NOTHING this offseason to address this at all. Gonna be a **** show.
CB - Were garbage last year. Pinning all our hopes on a guy Georgia wouldn't even let play CB... probably for a reason. Blades head isn't right after getting covids and myocarditis, saw an interview with him where he talks about how he loves playing video games now... kid does not seem ready. Ivey... his neck doesn't spin, Couch is ok but undersize, and Stevenson is hyped but looks too big
S - Decent and then we lost Avantae so even that position isn't looking as good as it was a few months ago

Offense takes a step back as well unless King is 100%. The year before King got here, we lost to FIU and won like 6 games. If King is hobbled then that might be where we are again.

Advertisement

DE - We lost 3 first rounders and now we're playing McCloud there and a linebacker transfer from garbage Tennessee lol because Miami doesn't ever recruit. Everyone behind them is a jag
LB - LOL. Worst linebacking unit in Miami history, maybe the worst in the entire power 4 or power 5 or whatever and Manny did NOTHING this offseason to address this at all. Gonna be a **** show.
CB - Were garbage last year. Pinning all our hopes on a guy Georgia wouldn't even let play CB... probably for a reason. Blades head isn't right after getting covids and myocarditis, saw an interview with him where he talks about how he loves playing video games now... kid does not seem ready. Ivey... his neck doesn't spin, Couch is ok but undersize, and Stevenson is hyped but looks too big
S - Decent and then we lost Avantae so even that position isn't looking as good as it was a few months ago

Offense takes a step back as well unless King is 100%. The year before King got here, we lost to FIU and won like 6 games. If King is hobbled then that might be where we are again.
I can’t wait to attend your party

Manny, Lashlee and their staff have built up a heack of a roster, talent at nearly every position now.

On offense, I have no concern about the playmaker positions. We'll score points. For us to control the game, though, the OL has to show me they can generate a push for our RBs on rushing downs, and not force King to shoulder the burden of making something out of nothing.

On defense, the DBs, Striker and DTs are going to be top notch. Our ability to stop the run and not get gashed on crossing routes that will determine the outcome vs. Bama, UNC and other close matchups. And that's all about 4 guys -- how good will Keontra, Flagg, Harvey and DeAndre Johnson be? Flagg is my biggest concern.

The rotation behind the starters at DE and LB is equally a question mark -- guys like Steed, Roberts, the Williamses, Brooks and Huff. Can Taylor step in and help out along the line, and Is Cam even on the team?

If our OL can generate a push, and our DL/LBs can defend against a push, I believe we could meet or even exceed Vegas' expectations of being the 9th best team in the country.

The only words I read in your post are "blah, blah, blah".

Advertisement
Not wrong though. This defensive roster has more gaping holes than the foofs at a Brazzers Christmas Party.

It is what it is, and that's it.
DT-Nesta returns as one of the leading TFL DT's in the ACC. JHH was emerging as a starter until Covid protocols then elbow injury last year. Miami also signed a 5 star in Taylor. Miller and Ford looked better in the spring under Simpson.

DE-Deandre Johnson led Tennessee in TFL and sacks but was playing more of a LB/DE hybrid role. Many more pass rushing AB's in this defense could see double digit production of TFL's, and double sack total of his from last year. Harvey in his one start had a strip sack against a solid OL.

LB-Flagg returning with a year under his belt will help here, as well as Keontra Smith moving over to Will.

CB-Stevenson looked ready to make some money this spring, bringing a physical presence to the CB room. HE WAS going to start at UGA this year. Couch showed some nice stuff in his first season playing last year.

S-Bolden, and a healthy Hall will give you better overall S play this year. Some talent has been added to the room past 2 cycles too.

See how a positive spin on the situation looks different?

Guess we might as well throw in the towel now. Sounds 2019 all over again. Since we suck again you might as well give us your prediction for our new coach while you’re at it lol

Advertisement
Caught the pod on way home from work! Great job guys, nice it’s that time of year again. Only request… D$, break out the “Goose” on the next one..lol🥃

Advertisement
Back