PODCAST: 2021 Early NSD Wrap-up ft. D$ and Coach Duasso

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
I bring on D$ and Miami Immortals 7v7 coach Jose Duasso to take a deep dive into the Hurricanes' 2021 early signing class as we take a look at what each player has done in their career thus far and what you can expect from them on the field in the future at UM.

Advertisement
@DMoney You mentioned you are really high on Haye's athleticism and mentioned his family's history of athletes so it seems like he will naturally progress and get stronger and even more physical as he gets older. Curious to yours and @Liberty City El thoughts on what you think is the biggest thing he needs to get better at. In the short highlight clip posted it looked like at times he has good hand placement and ability to hold up in the hole then tossing his blocker and making the play. Would either of you say just more consistent with his hands and body positioning to not get washed out of the play? Thanks.

Advertisement
@DMoney You mentioned you are really high on Haye's athleticism and mentioned his family's history of athletes so it seems like he will naturally progress and get stronger and even more physical as he gets older. Curious to yours and @Liberty City El thoughts on what you think is the biggest thing he needs to get better at. In the short highlight clip posted it looked like at times he has good hand placement and ability to hold up in the hole then tossing his blocker and making the play. Would either of you say just more consistent with his hands and body positioning to not get washed out of the play? Thanks.
Yep. He will play the Norton role for us.

Advertisement
First off, thanks for the breakdown! Definitely pumped for the kickoff of Spring practice so we can bring most of these guys in!

@DMoney you mentioned there's "about 15" EE out of this class. By my count (which is probably wrong) I've got 14 EE. I'll just name who I've got as the 7 non EE and can you confirm which of these guys will be an EE or if the number likely 14 (hopefully not less than 14)?

Thad Franklin non EE
Allen Haye non EE
Borregales non EE
Jabari Ishmael non EE
Ryan Rodriguez non EE
Malik Curtis non EE
James Williams non EE

I know the on consistent theme with these 7 kids are they all attend private schools, but that's not always what declares a kid as not being an EE (although in FL that's probably the case more times than it isn't)

Advertisement
Great work guys. This class is loaded. not one “special” and only three projects in McLaughlin, Haye and Curtis, all of whom have very high ceilings.

We addressed every position on offense, and every one but CB on defense. And we’re clearly not done yet.

Chase Smith is my guy for a breakout star who becomes a day one or day two pick. Love love love his playmaking.

Advertisement
Back