Plenty Of Blame To…

CaneTheGaytors

Biletnikoff Award Winner
…go all around.

I’ll start with Rooster’s fumble. At that point of the game, you CANNOT fumble unless you get destroyed by a defender. He just looked like he didn’t have the ball secured. That was a game killer!

Now that I got that out of the way…

TVD played lights out, despite Mario and Gattis’s efforts throughout the game to fugg everything up. He passed for almost 500 yards and 3 TD’s, and looked poised throughout the game, and had a very high completion percentage.

You have to be blind to not see that he looked like a different player when we ran spread/RPO and up tempo. Every time that we slowed the game down and forced him to look at the sideline, or played in bunch formations, we struggled offensively.

The announcers and Mike Luginbill all said that running up tempo and spread let TVD not have to think too much. They also said that he finally looked like the same great player that they saw last season. Hmmm…I wonder why? 🤔

Our WR’s looked way better than any other game this season. Also a result of not having to think as much, and just playing. Not a perfect game by them, but big improvement catching the ball and getting open. Colby Young was outstanding in the little bit of time he got. What the **** has this kid been doing riding the bench? Insanity.

B.Smith and Key Smith had strong games, and Mallory showed up for the most part, even though his 3rd down dropped pass killed us. Overall he had his best game in a long time.

Our OL was terrible all game long. Our running game was once again stuffed, and TVD was under duress all game long. They were getting pressure on him with 4 man fronts and 5-men blitzes. That last drive was brutal. TVD made several great plays to extend the drive, as he was under constant pressure.

This is specially concerning because the OL was supposed to be a strength of this team, with Mario and Mirabal coaching them. So far they have played average to below average. Way too many missed blocks and assignments.

The play calling was hot and cold. At times we looked great, moving the ball down the field with ease, and even getting some chunk plays. At other times we looked like absolute trash with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

It was inexcusable to call 3 straight runs up the gut in the first quarter, including a dumb *** QB sneak from the 2 and 1/2 yard line. Then compound it by calling a terrible play out of a terrible formation on 4th and goal. If we get 3 points there, we’re going to OT. Instead, it’s just more corching that leads to another loss.

The D played terrible at times, but had a sequence between the 2nd and 4th quarters where they forced turnovers, and held the UNC jabronies to only 6 second half points.

We got good pressure at times with our D-line, and our LB’s had some bright moments and big plays. Our DB’s also made some big plays, while playing like straight garbage at times. Steele went way too conservative on UNC’s next-to-last drive, and it cost us 3 points.

Overall effort was much better, but effort alone won’t get it done. Once again, way too many plays were left on the field.

If we start the game playing aggressively, and letting TVD play from the spread/RPO with tempo, I think that we see a different end result. I hope this finally serves as a lesson to Mario and Gattis that this is what they have to predominantly run with TVD at the helm.

I still have some hope for Mario, but it’s dwindling quickly. With the amount of years that he’s had as a head coach by now, one would think that he would not make the same mistakes over and over again with scheme fits, wasted time-outs, etc…

Another loss to a team that we should have defeated. As of now I see us at 4-8 with a floor of 2-10.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
You made a fair assessment, brother.
Thanks, brother. I always try to be fair, even though I’m sure I fail sometimes.

The kids played hard today, and showed more want and fight. Rooster’s fumble was a killer, but the coaches gotta start helping them instead of hindering them.

I guarantee you that if Mario stops micro-managing the offense, and let’s TVD and the guys play more wide open spread football the rest of the way, we will end up losing maybe 1 more game.

But Mario is just too set in his ways, and unwilling to adapt. That will be his downfall. Pride cometh before the fall.

I just don't know how Cristobal coaches with Saban and saw that even he had to change his offense with the #1 recruiting class every year. Seeming like he will fail if he can't admit these are bad philosophies and change

Advertisement
…go all around.

I’ll start with Rooster’s fumble. At that point of the game, you CANNOT fumble unless you get destroyed by a defender. He just looked like he didn’t have the ball secured. That was a game killer!

Now that I got that out of the way…

TVD played lights out, despite Mario and Gattis’s efforts throughout the game to fugg everything up. He passed for almost 500 yards and 3 TD’s, and looked poised throughout the game, and had a very high completion percentage.

You have to be blind to not see that he looked like a different player when we ran spread/RPO and up tempo. Every time that we slowed the game down and forced him to look at the sideline, or played in bunch formations, we struggled offensively.

The announcers and Mike Luginbill all said that running up tempo and spread let TVD not have to think too much. They also said that he finally looked like the same great player that they saw last season. Hmmm…I wonder why? 🤔

Our WR’s looked way better than any other game this season. Also a result of not having to think as much, and just playing. Not a perfect game by them, but big improvement catching the ball and getting open. Colby Young was outstanding in the little bit of time he got. What the **** has this kid been doing riding the bench? Insanity.

B.Smith and Key Smith had strong games, and Mallory showed up for the most part, even though his 3rd down dropped pass killed us. Overall he had his best game in a long time.

Our OL was terrible all game long. Our running game was once again stuffed, and TVD was under duress all game long. They were getting pressure on him with 4 man fronts and 5-men blitzes. That last drive was brutal. TVD made several great plays to extend the drive, as he was under constant pressure.

This is specially concerning because the OL was supposed to be a strength of this team, with Mario and Mirabal coaching them. So far they have played average to below average. Way too many missed blocks and assignments.

The play calling was hot and cold. At times we looked great, moving the ball down the field with ease, and even getting some chunk plays. At other times we looked like absolute trash with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense.

It was inexcusable to call 3 straight runs up the gut in the first quarter, including a dumb *** QB sneak from the 2 and 1/2 yard line. Then compound it by calling a terrible play out of a terrible formation on 4th and goal. If we get 3 points there, we’re going to OT. Instead, it’s just more corching that leads to another loss.

The D played terrible at times, but had a sequence between the 2nd and 4th quarters where they forced turnovers, and held the UNC jabronies to only 6 second half points.

We got good pressure at times with our D-line, and our LB’s had some bright moments and big plays. Our DB’s also made some big plays, while playing like straight garbage at times. Steele went way too conservative on UNC’s next-to-last drive, and it cost us 3 points.

Overall effort was much better, but effort alone won’t get it done. Once again, way too many plays were left on the field.

If we start the game playing aggressively, and letting TVD play from the spread/RPO with tempo, I think that we see a different end result. I hope this finally serves as a lesson to Mario and Gattis that this is what they have to predominantly run with TVD at the helm.

I still have some hope for Mario, but it’s dwindling quickly. With the amount of years that he’s had as a head coach by now, one would think that he would not make the same mistakes over and over again with scheme fits, wasted time-outs, etc…

Another loss to a team that we should have defeated. As of now I see us at 4-8 with a floor of 2-10.
The OL was not projected to be a strength. Just go from elephant crank sucking to donkey crank sucking.

The OL was not projected to be a strength. Just go from elephant crank sucking to donkey crank sucking.
Many posters on this board said that the OL would be much improved and a strength of the team, as did our insiders. Many people said that Mario and Miralbal’s coaching acumen would get the OL right.

After the FAMU game, many posters were crowning the OL, and some were still crowning them after the Southern Miss game, and even some still were like giddy little school girls, saying how we had out gained aTm by a bunch of yards, and our OL had physically dominated them. You must have missed those posts.

Now kindly go **** yourself or your mother, or sister. Whichever one you prefer.

Advertisement
Many posters on this board said that the OL would be much improved and a strength of the team, as did our insiders. Many people said that Mario and Miralbal’s coaching acumen would get the OL right.

After the FAMU game, many posters were crowning the OL, and some were still crowning them after the Southern Miss game, and even some still were like giddy little school girls, saying how we had out gained aTm by a bunch of yards, and our OL had physically dominated them. You must have missed those posts.

Now kindly go **** yourself or your mother, or sister. Whichever one you prefer.
Anyone who said that was wrong and were told repeatedly so. Were they expected to improve, yes, but rhey haven't. AtM performance, although good, was a mirage.

Now boy, I could find you in about 10 secs and teach you a very, very, very painful lesson in manners.

Be nice.

Or I won't be.

Go Canes friend.

I just don't know how Cristobal coaches with Saban and saw that even he had to change his offense with the #1 recruiting class every year. Seeming like he will fail if he can't admit these are bad philosophies and change

He was already gone when Saban had that Jesus moment

Anyone who said that was wrong and were told repeatedly so. Were they expected to improve, yes, but rhey haven't. AtM performance, although good, was a mirage.

Now boy, I could find you in about 10 secs and teach you a very, very, very painful lesson in manners.

Be nice.

Or I won't be.

Go Canes friend.
You insulted me first. I’m not one to just go and be disrespectful to someone without them disrespecting me first.

Also, I’m not a “boy”, I’m a grown man.

When you tell me to go from “elephant crank sucking” to “donkey crank sucking”, you’re saying that I suck dyck, which is an insult last time I checked.

Advertisement
You insulted me first. I’m not one to just go and be disrespectful to someone without them disrespecting me first.

Also, I’m not a “boy”, I’m a grown man.

When you tell me to go from “elephant crank sucking” to “donkey crank sucking”, you’re saying that I suck dyck, which is an insult last time I checked.
BOY...

I'll say this once and you better get off my radar.

In no way shape or form did I insult you, regardless of your obvious limitations.

I CLEARLY said the OL waa expected to improve from elephant crank suck to donkey crank suck. That's hardly a strength of the team. Of course, you are free to think otherwise. I've been very consistent, as have others, with that observation for years.

Take my kind offer here.

Go Canes friend.

BOY...

I'll say this once and you better get off my radar.

In no way shape or form did I insult you, regardless of your obvious limitations.

I CLEARLY said the OL waa expected to improve from elephant crank suck to donkey crank suck. That's hardly a strength of the team. Of course, you are free to think otherwise.

Take my kond offer here.

Go Canes friend.
I clearly misunderstood your post. If you say you didn’t direct it at me, then I apologize for my insult.

Advertisement
Back