Please tell me Lashlee was holding back

Advertisement
I'm really excited to come back to this thread after the Clemson game and call out every single one of you abject morons that thinks the playbook was wide open yesterday.

The level of stupidity on display in this thread is astonishing.
The level of stupidity in the entire CIS universe is astonishing.

The fact that the passing game looked so inept going into the 3rd quarter then all of a sudden he's using concepts that moved the pocket and got Brevin the ball in space, sorta says that this offense has a whole other gear that Lashlee didn't want to expose. He looked reluctant to call these plays until it was a tight 17-14 game like the poster above said, then we call these plays, move down the field fairly easy, and never go back to anything that looks remotely like it once we're up 2-3 scores. Sorta smells calculated.

Nothing further your honor......anyone else care to argue against this explanation? Verdict for this poster.

No targets to Mallory.
No targets to the RB's.
What, two deep balls thrown the entire game?

And some of you think that's the entire offense.

I seriously doubt we saw the whole playbook last night.Watch games at his previous stops. No spring practice may have hindered getting his whole playbook in the system yet. Probably ran what he felt they were comfortable doing last night, I think as the season progreses we will see a lot more than last night

We struggled to separate ourselves until the 4th quarter. Get real man. We did not hold back. I could accept "we did not execute well" but for God's sake stop with all the "holding back" BS.

When we blow teams out that are far less capable I never here anyone say "we were holding back". So once again stop it with the H-B shiggity.
What are you talking about? They had 31 points after three quarters.

Advertisement
On top of not wanting to put a ton of stuff on film, you're talking about a team who was playing their first game running a completely new offense that I'm sure has at least a bit of a learning curve. The way you lose to an inferior opponent is by making stupid mistakes and/or turning the ball over a lot. First game, new offense, keep it simple. Do enough to get you a nice little cushion in the 3rd quarter and then shut it down and get some of the backups some snaps in the 4th. Now you have a week of practice where you can install a few more wrinkles into the game plan.

It's not like Rhett Lashlee threw his old playbook in the garbage and said "f-it, I'm only running four plays at Miami". There's plenty of game tape of his offenses doing all varieties of different things.

I'm really excited to come back to this thread after the Clemson game and call out every single one of you abject morons that thinks the playbook was wide open yesterday.

You'll have more than enough to do that after the Louisville game....unless they fail to stop our running game as well.

Advertisement
Some of you guys are not thinking straight. It was Game 1 after a limited practice schedule, a rusty QB coming off 2019 hiatus, against a very tough team that was already in Game 2 form. That plus the fact that it almost always takes the offense longer to gel and hit their stride.

Did we run a scaled-down offense? Probably. I know if I were Lashlee or Manny I wouldn't have gone into Game 1 after COVID restrictions planning to throw my full playbook at a G5 opponent. Thats just common sense. Throw too much at our guys to try to execute right out of the gate and you'd have a sloppy game full of turnovers.

Now with that said, did we execute well? No. But that's a different matter altogether. We should have been able to use a limited playbook and beat UAB soundly. So my issues are not with the variation of plays but with the lack of execution.

Let's wait until next week at UL to decide whether Lashlee is still 'holding back' because we need to throw the kitchen sink and more at those guys. Definitely no excuses by then.

Advertisement
So many of you are just clueless as to what is going on. Holding back, of course. To try to hide info from other teams? Maybe somewhat.
Holding back as in still learning? Of course.
These are not normal circumstances. Limited spring. Limited summer. Limited real field time. Limited meeting time.
All of college football will be sloppy early on. Maybe, just maybe, they are going to go in progressions.
Do you really think that was the extent of the passing game?
Clueless as to what the situation is around you.

For all the know it all ppl; Watch the 2013 Auburn offense and see the similarities from last nights offense. Uptempo, power spread at its finest

Advertisement
He obviously held back 95% of the playbook, I just don’t understand why. There’s hours of film already out there on him, he didn’t rewrite the entire playbook when got to Miami. We would’ve been well served to incorporate a lot more of the gameplan, in a live game. It’s a brand new offense and we wasted away a chance to work on it. I mean King hasn’t played a game in over a year and he was hamstrung. He needed more serviceable reps when the bullets were flying.

We struggled to separate ourselves until the 4th quarter. Get real man. We did not hold back. I could accept "we did not execute well" but for God's sake stop with all the "holding back" BS.

When we blow teams out that are far less capable I never here anyone say "we were holding back". So once again stop it with the H-B shiggity.
Go watch lashlee offense from last year and compare it to watch you saw last night and you have your answer. Everybody not richt or enos

Really has nothing to do with my point, but OK.

If we ran this offense? Yes, definitely.

But we will call a lot more versatile plays. Because our coaching staff aren't children and this isn't Tecmo Bowl.
Listen bud, youre setting yourself up for misery. That was the full monty last night. All of it. Theres no such thing as "holding back" in a game that was 17-14 after half. Please.

Clemson will feast on this offensive line like its Thanksgiving. That’s the one conclusion I draw from last night.

Advertisement
Back