Please tell me Lashlee was holding back

Advertisement
To my eye we used zero or very little RPO. Pretty sure thats been a part of Lashlees offense in previous stops. Also, once UAB scored to make it 17-14 I thought Lashlee used noticeable more variety in his play calling. If he wasn’t holding back a little or being blatantly vanilla then we should probably all be pretty worried about the offense

edit: on the rewatch we did show more than a little rpo. King was just handing off to the rb the majority of the time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Diaz made the comment that the plan was to pound the rock and keep at it. I am hoping part of that means they scaled back the passing packages quite a bit this week. Quite frankly, I like that plan. Get these guys ready for ACC play where you absolutely have to be able to run the ball to have any type of success. Lets not finesse even a weaker opponent.

Advertisement
The fact that the passing game looked so inept going into the 3rd quarter then all of a sudden he's using concepts that moved the pocket and got Brevin the ball in space, sorta says that this offense has a whole other gear that Lashlee didn't want to expose. He looked reluctant to call these plays until it was a tight 17-14 game like the poster above said, then we call these plays, move down the field fairly easy, and never go back to anything that looks remotely like it once we're up 2-3 scores. Sorta smells calculated. New OC's tend to do things like this if they can, thinking about that next opponent. Louisville is going to put up points. Doesn't hurt to not put too much on film before that game 'if you can get away with it'.

No way were we holding back. I heard the entire playbook is four plays and Lashlee was calling friends to make up plays during the game. What you want to do, always, against a non-conference opponent in your first game in a new offense is show absolutely everything when you can run at will and don't need to. That's strategy.

If you think we weren't holding back, just give up on watching football.

Advertisement
So the ACC teams we play that are scouting us won't see the entire playbook. Everyone does it. I did it when I coached.

You can't be right. This actually sounds like a logical, adult thing that anyone with half a brain cell would do. You definitely want to show all your cards when you don't need to. That's why every football team on earth always runs their trick plays in every single game and never saves them for when they need them.

So the ACC teams we play that are scouting us won't see the entire playbook. Everyone does it. I did it when I coached.
We struggled to separate ourselves until the 4th quarter. Get real man. We did not hold back. I could accept "we did not execute well" but for God's sake stop with all the "holding back" BS.

When we blow teams out that are far less capable I never here anyone say "we were holding back". So once again stop it with the H-B shiggity.

Advertisement
He did not hold back. Time after time in his interviews, he said that his offense will be a power spread featuring the running game. All the insiders and youtubers either ignored it, made it into what they wanted to hear or fail to understand that manny wants a offense that controls the ball and clock. Everyone was looking into what he did at SMU with an air-raid coach on the sidelines and saw the numbers& highlights thinking that's what we're getting. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Lashlee is bringing the power spread from Auburn led by qb Marshall. He didn't have that mobile qb at SMU, so they threw it around more. But now he has his ideal qb he can run the same uptempo power spread that took Auburn to the Natty

The fact that the passing game looked so inept going into the 3rd quarter then all of a sudden he's using concepts that moved the pocket and got Brevin the ball in space, sorta says that this offense has a whole other gear that Lashlee didn't want to expose. He looked reluctant to call these plays until it was a tight 17-14 game like the poster above said, then we call these plays, move down the field fairly easy, and never go back to anything that looks remotely like it once we're up 2-3 scores. Sorta smells calculated. New OC's tend to do things like this if they can, thinking about that next opponent. Louisville is going to put up points. Doesn't hurt to not put too much on film before that game 'if you can get away with it'.
The fact that the passing game looked so inept going into the 3rd quarter then all of a sudden he's using concepts that moved the pocket and got Brevin the ball in space, sorta says that this offense has a whole other gear that Lashlee didn't want to expose. He looked reluctant to call these plays until it was a tight 17-14 game like the poster above said, then we call these plays, move down the field fairly easy, and never go back to anything that looks remotely like it once we're up 2-3 scores. Sorta smells calculated.

Nothing further your honor......anyone else care to argue against this explanation? Verdict for this poster.

We struggled to separate ourselves until the 4th quarter. Get real man. We did not hold back. I could accept "we did not execute well" but for God's sake stop with all the "holding back" BS.

When we blow teams out that are far less capable I never here anyone say "we were holding back". So once again stop it with the H-B shiggity.
Another angry 'canes fan that knows nothing about strategy and refuses to think anyone but himself is right.

Advertisement
Back