Please no Richt, Kelly or Herman!

Advertisement
How do you know. The man lost to Uconn, and if that would have happened here, you guys would be flying banners. South Florida is different and you need somone that understands it.

Losing to UCONN with Houston talent (which is comparable) is not the same as losing to UCONN with Miami talent. Make sure your comparisons are valid before spewing them.

He beat 11 of the 12 teams he faced this year all wth similar talent to his. His one loss came with his 3rd string QB in the game. Sorry this isn't OSU where all 3 QB's could play on almost every team.

It is gimmicky. Outside of Ohio State, who else has run the spread and won s National title? Isn't tgat what we all want again-a National title?

2005 University of Texas with Vince Young
2008 University of Florida with Tim Tebow
2010 Auburn University with Cam Newton
Oh sure, get all tricky on us. The real point is that if you don't count the spread teams that have won it, then no spread team has won it. Try to keep up with the mainstream logic here. ;)

How do you know. The man lost to Uconn, and if that would have happened here, you guys would be flying banners. South Florida is different and you need somone that understands it.

Losing to UCONN with Houston talent (which is comparable) is not the same as losing to UCONN with Miami talent. Make sure your comparisons are valid before spewing them.

He beat 11 of the 12 teams he faced this year all wth similar talent to his. His one loss came with his 3rd string QB in the game. Sorry this isn't OSU where all 3 QB's could play on almost every team.

THANK YOU!!^^^^^

Advertisement
Nick has obviously made adjustments to the spread, using cb's at S and more smaller , quicker pass rushers. He's gotten away from majority 3/4

Nick doesn't worry about finesse spreads anymore. It's that Herman/ Meyer POWER spread he hates

Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and of course OSU have given them problems over the last two years.
You really have no chance of scoring enough to win against Bama if you want to play smashmouth, heavy formation football. See LSU, Arkansas.

Last edited:
Kelly, Herman or Butch....win, win, win situation for us, period.

I know Golden has snake bitten us on "up and coming" mid major coaches; but two different situations.

Golden comes from Al Groh; Herman, Urban Meyers. Golden came from a coach who's had minimal success; while Herman comes from a championship pedigree.

Golden took a Temple team and couldn't beat a top 25 team and best year was a 9 win season after several years there. Herman already beat two top 15 teams, won 11 games first year w out of position players and made it to its conference's championship game.

Literally apples and watermelons. Could Herman fail here? Sure; but we could literally say that about every single candidate.

Herman is a solid Beast in the making and would murder it here.

Kelly took an OU team who's claim to fame was Gary Payton, and Phil Knight and created a powerhouse with his innovative style. OU are not recruiting the top talent in the country; their class rankings are consistently outside the top 20 but we would never think that.

Take Kelly's scheme w So Fla talent and my gawd! The only knock on him is the other side of the ball...but if we could land a top notch D coodinator and the landscape of college football will slant to the small private school in Coral Gables again.

Butch is who he is...arguably the greatest talent evaluator in the last 30 years. Knock on him? Game day questions...but w the right staff, So Fla will be locked down and in a couple of years, we could possibly have the best stacked team in CFB...again.

We can't put all of our eggs in one baskets, but we can't keep dismissing top tier coaches making up bull ish reasons.

Anybody watch DeSean Jackson today? Yup, he was cut by Chip Kelly.

Advertisement
Nick has obviously made adjustments to the spread, using cb's at S and more smaller , quicker pass rushers. He's gotten away from majority 3/4

Nick doesn't worry about finesse spreads anymore. It's that Herman/ Meyer POWER spread he hates

Ole Miss, Miss State, Auburn and of course OSU have given them problems over the last two years.
You really have no chance of scoring enough to win against Bama if you want to play smashmouth, heavy formation football. See LSU, Arkansas.

Nice to see a poster who knows his *** from a hole in the ground

Yep, I've also seen him in street clothes majority of his time in Washington. ****, I wish we could've payed him huge money to chill on our sideline

Advertisement

I'm not sure if that is relevant.

There have been prosters here who raised the dubious point that it didn't matter who Potato Chip got rid of, from the Eagles, because they hadn't done anything since. I was just pointing out that Chip might have erred.

I'm not sure if that is relevant.

There have been prosters here who raised the dubious point that it didn't matter who Potato Chip got rid of, from the Eagles, because they hadn't done anything since. I was just pointing out that Chip might have erred.

That makes sense. I mean it is obvious that Desean Jackson is an athletic receiver, who can contribute to an NFL team. I might have missed something. I just think a coach can/ has to remove apparently talented players sometimes, for the best of the team.

Advertisement

I know Golden has snake bitten us on "up and coming" mid major coaches; but two different situations.

Golden comes from Al Groh; Herman, Urban Meyers. Golden came from a coach who's had minimal success; while Herman comes from a championship pedigree.

Golden took a Temple team and couldn't beat a top 25 team and best year was a 9 win season after several years there. Herman already beat two top 15 teams, won 11 games first year w out of position players and made it to its conference's championship game.

Literally apples and watermelons. Could Herman fail here? Sure; but we could literally say that about every single candidate.

Kelly took an OU team who's claim to fame was Gary Payton, and Phil Knight and created a powerhouse with his innovative style. OU are not recruiting the top talent in the country; their class rankings are consistently outside the top 20 but we would never think that.

Take Kelly's scheme w So Fla talent and my gawd! The only knock on him is the other side of the ball...but if we could land a top notch D coodinator and the landscape of college football will slant to the small private school in Coral Gables again.

Butch is who he is...arguably the greatest talent evaluator in the last 30 years. Knock on him? Game day questions...but w the right staff, So Fla will be locked down and in a couple of years, we could possibly have the best stacked team in CFB...again.

We can't put all of our eggs in one baskets, but we can't keep dismissing top tier coaches making up bull ish reasons.

Great post RR

I hope Miami does not drag their feet much longer and wait to hire someone. You have the perfect hire right in front of their faces in Butch Davis. Richt is not the guy Miami needs. I believe he has lost his fire and Miami desperately needs a Miami type of hire. I do not want the spread, as most of the spread teams have not done well when going up against a powerful defensive scheme. Keep running the pro style offense and get the defensive guys we used to and Miami will be relevant again. This is why I do not want Herman, Kelly or Richt. Hire Butch now and let the new era begin again!

I'm for Butch but to just say no to Herman, Kelly, or even Richt if any of them want in is a stretch.

Great post RR

Good lookin' bro, but on a side note, ur avatar....is that a geniune autographed Sean T pic u have of him or one u found on the Internet?

Advertisement
Back