Please no Richt, Kelly or Herman!

Nick has obviously made adjustments to the spread, using cb's at S and more smaller , quicker pass rushers. He's gotten away from majority 3/4

Advertisement
I'm starting to think a majority of our fan base has Butch rated as the #1 Head Coach to ever exist. No one else will ever be good enough. Cmon guys, Butch is great but lets face reality.... Herman, Richt, Kelly, all of these guys are homeruns.

The CIS polls proves it's a bunch of " single white females " on here . Obsessed with the dude.

You'd think he was an actual good in game coach.

Last edited:
Nick has obviously made adjustments to the spread, using cb's at S and more smaller , quicker pass rushers. He's gotten away from majority 3/4

Nick doesn't worry about finesse spreads anymore. It's that Herman/ Meyer POWER spread he hates

By the time Butch's first recruiting class graduates, he will be 70 years old.

Age is a question. They key with Butch is his ability to bring in the best coordinators and position coaches. He has the experience to accurately assess younger coaches who fit with his plan and the players' skills. Butch will recruit well, as he did in the late 1990s. He knows S.FL and he has name recognition nationally because of his gig at ESPN. Sure, 18 year olds don't know about his success at UM, but their parents and high school coaches do. I am not worried about Butch's age. He will put together the right staff and players to build up his image before entering retirement.

By the time Butch's first recruiting class graduates, he will be 70 years old.

Age is a question. They key with Butch is his ability to bring in the best coordinators and position coaches. He has the experience to accurately assess younger coaches who fit with his plan and the players' skills. Butch will recruit well, as he did in the late 1990s. He knows S.FL and he has name recognition nationally because of his gig at ESPN. Sure, 18 year olds don't know about his success at UM, but their parents and high school coaches do. I am not worried about Butch's age. He will put together the right staff and players to build up his image before entering retirement.

Why do I continue to read these post? Better question, why do UM fans insist on living in the past?

Advertisement

Nick doesn't worry about finesse spreads anymore. It's that Herman/ Meyer POWER spread he hates

Ole miss runs a finesse spread . But he's gotten better, it's still a matchup issue. But it's an issue for every defense.

It's hard to prepare for.

I'm starting to think a majority of our fan base has Butch rated as the #1 Head Coach to ever exist. No one else will ever be good enough. Cmon guys, Butch is great but lets face reality.... Herman, Richt, Kelly, all of these guys are homeruns.

Richt is definitely not a homerun hire....but Kelly and Herman would be.

Advertisement
Yes, none of this "gimmicky-CFB playoff-give opposing DC nightmares" type offense. Let's stick with 3 yards and a cloud of dust all the way to the Champs Sports Bowl

Richt would be like hiring Butch to me, underwhelming.

Kelly would be a walk off homerun in the seventh game of the series.

Herman, I believe he's the goods and like his coaching resume. He would be the best chance / risk hire we could make. He's got a very high ceiling.

Advertisement
I do not want the spread, as most of the spread teams have not done well when going up against a powerful defensive scheme.

Have you not heard of Urban Meyer. He's won 3 national championships running the spread. Two in the SEC. Herman would be a great hire. Remember you want a guy (Butch) that has been on the sidelines begging for a job and no one else will even give an interview to.

The CIS polls proves it's a bunch of " single white females " on here . Obsessed with the dude.

You'd think he was an actual good in game coach.

I compared Butch to Lombardi but thats not fair to Butch. Lombardi was not half the recruiter Butch was.

I do not want the spread, as most of the spread teams have not done well when going up against a powerful defensive scheme.

Have you not heard of Urban Meyer. He's won 3 national championships running the spread. Two in the SEC. Herman would be a great hire. Remember you want a guy (Butch) that has been on the sidelines begging for a job and no one else will even give an interview to.

Also, what's pro style offenses results when going up against powerful defenses? I mean great defense play great defense, no matter the scheme.

I swear these anti spread guys are the most clueless bunch going.

Advertisement
I'm really encouraged by the responses in this thread. Clearly the OP is either a troll or a complete moron but the fact that everyone in this thread isn't agreeing with the OP is highly encouraging to me. Sure, Butch would be a fine hire if it occurred but he's not the be all end all homerun hire that some think he is. Those who believe Butch (or anyone else) can recreate the 2000 - 2002 run are living in a dream world. Those circumstances occur once every 10-20 years.

It's amazing how obtuse a lot of you can be. Herman does one thing in one year in a lousy conference and you anoint him a top choice. Right has done very little with a lot if talent in the SEC East, especially the last few years. Kelly, I'll give him credit for putting Oregon on the map. However, he could never win the big one against physical competition. Miami needs to rebuild and Davis shows he can certainly do that. Stop believing everything you read.

Patterson, Herman or Kelly would be great hires, but I just don't see any of them coming here. Mullen might consider it.

No matter what Flake and the BOT say, we're not paying the kind of money those first three would require....and they will use any interest from us to get raises at their current jobs (which are in great shape as opposed to the cluster#### Golden left us). Plus, NO ONE is coming here who doesn't understand the local culture. Mullen may not have much in the way of ties to SFL, but his DC certainly does.

I just hope we don't get stuck with the likes of Cristobal, Richt or Schiano. Anyone else I'm okay with unless it's some goofy, out-of-left field hire of an unproven coordinator or MAC-type coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back