Playing it scared

Some stupid macho takes here….you see the same play all the time. You run the clock and kick it there. Throwing into the end zone with a freshman you risk a turnover and you leave them time. The result sucked, but it was the right play. But you all keep acting tough and playing the result.
Acting tough? Let me gt this straight, you see no football prudence in pounding a defense in the red zone with a 225 LB back FIRST increasing our chances of sealing a victory? Had we done so and still failed then as bad as this stings it would sting a little less but to have not employed the smartest strategy and lose makes it absolutely burn.

Advertisement
Some stupid macho takes here….you see the same play all the time. You run the clock and kick it there. Throwing into the end zone with a freshman you risk a turnover and you leave them time. The result sucked, but it was the right play. But you all keep acting tough and playing the result.
And didn't I say pound them with big bodies?

This scenario is played out every week in football. I don't have an issue with it but this team needs confidence and you get that by pounding the rock into the end zone to finish off the game. Not be kicking a fg with a freshman kicker. The snap wasn't the best either and i think that is being overlooked, unless I missed it being discussed.

Manny played it scared. Were in the red zone and should've been pounding on them with big backs and TEs smelling the endzone and going for it FIRST. The field goal would've still been there. Instead he plays it scared and now look. Smmfh.
I said this over and over last night...I knew it was happening from the first couple of plays, on the last drive. TVD had finally started to get comfortable, he was making some good throws, really moving the ball, and seeing the field fairly well. The defense was finally doing just enough to get us back into the game, and although I feel our young kicker is going to have a tremendous career, he really had not had a pressure moment in the game, so I am sure the dudes nerves were insane.

IMO you drive that damned ball straight into the endzone and trust the defense to do what they do...UVA had used up all of their timeouts and the pressure would have been completely on them...not to mention that a good bit of their success was on the ground, and that would have been out of the window with no timeouts!

***** *** move, from a ***** *** coach.

Manny is a ***** through and through, he doesnt have any accountability, he doesnt hold his players accountable, and literally everything he does is soft as ****. Please find us a coach that is a REAL *** FOOTBALL COACH!!

Advertisement
Back