PLAYERS NOTIFIED: Twan Russell New STA AD

Advertisement
He is alumni and has been there with sta for years...i mean Darryl Williams former um safety have been there about a decade to.

STA is one of our pipeline schools..not sure why everyone gets bent out of shape there...we land a good amount of kids from there...also miss on some of there elite mercenaries.

He is alumni and has been there with sta for years...i mean Darryl Williams former um safety have been there about a decade to.

STA is one of our pipeline schools..not sure why everyone gets bent out of shape there...we land a good amount of kids from there...also miss on some of there elite mercenaries.
A way to fix/do better or "win some lose some" deal?

Miss a ton of kids for a supposed "pipeline" that close

Advertisement
What college signs the most kids from there?.
My gut tells me "anyone but Miami". I suspect, however, when looked at objectively the numbers aren't great, but not as bad as made out to be here on CIS.

It "feels" like the top kids from that program don't stay home--but again reasons within/without Canes' control.

Last edited:
My gut tells me "anyone but Miami". I suspect, however, when looked at objectively the numbers aren't great, but not as bad as made out to be here on CIS.

It "feels" like the top kids from that program don't stay home--but again reasons within/without Canes' control.
Maybe I'm jaded and have no facts just going off the top of my head. But it's seems the kids we've been getting lately are just okay most of the time and the kids we miss end up studs on major programs. Just my perspective.

Advertisement

And you got it right.

MOST OF THE TOP PLAYERS AT THAT PROGRAM ARE TRANFERS INTO THAT SCHOOL. SO THEY ARE INITIALLY FRONT RUNNER TYPES.

HONESTLY WE COULDVE DONE BETTER BY GOING AFTER THEIR OLINEMAN EVERY YEAR.

And you got it right.

MOST OF THE TOP PLAYERS AT THAT PROGRAM ARE TRANFERS INTO THAT SCHOOL. SO THEY ARE INITIALLY FRONT RUNNER TYPES.

HONESTLY WE COULDVE DONE BETTER BY GOING AFTER THEIR OLINEMAN EVERY YEAR.
Wasn’t marcus gilbert from sta? Iirc shannon went slow/soft after him.

/cool story bro
//sigh

Advertisement

Hardly a "pipeline" ..... save us Twan
We have 4 sta players on roster currently.

What were you actually posting there in reference to?.

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2020/6/...line-schools-img-aquinas-northwestern-central

You cant really tell me much about sta...if you aint from browar...i played against in highs chool and currently coach directly against them.
Um for the most part does well there....but just like everything else ...the evals are off at times or they miss out on the top dog at the school...because we were DOWN.

ITS A UM PIPELINE SCHOOl.

THERE PREVIOUS COACH AND LEGENDARY AD Was UM friendly, and they have had UM alumni ons taff for years and years.

is that what Daryl Williams is doing now? He was, in my view, alongside Darrin Smith, among the two best players we had on that 91 title team. He was a great free safety, who is unfortunately overshadowed by some all-time great talents.

That's a guy I'd love to interview.

Advertisement

https://www.stateoftheu.com/2020/6/...line-schools-img-aquinas-northwestern-central

You cant really tell me much about sta...if you aint from browar...i played against in highs chool and currently coach directly against them.
Um for the most part does well there....but just like everything else ...the evals are off at times or they miss out on the top dog at the school...because we were DOWN.

THERE PREVIOUS COACH AND LEGENDARY AD Was UM friendly, and they have had UM alumni ons taff for years and years.
I got a different idea of pipeline school than you, but we can disagree. The STA kids that go Pro (the best kids) are not Miami pipeliners, thats why I posted the list. Very few Canes. Here is the list I meant to post https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?id=93b99dd0

1 Cane out of 15

Last edited:
I got a different idea of pipeline school than you, but we can disagree. The STA kids that go Pro (the best kids) are not Miami pipeliners, thats why I posted the list. Very few Canes. Here is the list I meant to post https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?id=93b99dd0

1 Cane out of 15
Yea Idc if we get more kids from there, we should be, however we don't get the dudes. Mercenaries or not we don't get there top guys so their not a pipeline.

Btw "Mercenaries" is a relative term now a days all of the top HS fb teams recruit, not just the over priced private schools.

Last edited:

Gogeta..

If you could be recruiting King for a day...

What does UM do right?

What would you change and why?

Advertisement
Back