is that what Daryl Williams is doing now? He was, in my view, alongside Darrin Smith, among the two best players we had on that 91 title team. He was a great free safety, who is unfortunately overshadowed by some all-time great talents.
- I would add maybe 5-6 full-time employees in UM’s football office, most focused on recruiting. These could be former alumni types trying to get a crack into the coaching profession, or local Strong high school coaches. (Maybe guys like Harriott at STA, Jones at Chaminade, etc)
- I would do Satellite camps. Preferably maybe 3 a year in the off season. Rotating between Texas, NY/NJ, Louisiana, maybe Tidewater/Raleigh/Durham area too...(For acc purposes). I dont think Um does satellite camps..remember Harbaugh skating this rule and doing them down here and other places. It lkiterally was a camp ran by smaller coaches and Michigan had a few coaches there...it was an extra way of them seeing the kids they really wanted. I think i was there and it was the Devin Bush class...it worked for them as they landed some guys.
- Im going international. Canada and Europe. There is a program in Europe that is putting out div 1 level players yearly. I would supplement some of their guys every other year.
-What UM does right?. We are the transfer portal Kings. I thinkw e should continue with that as we are a prime desination, in a prime city, and can sell that to legitimate kids who may have ddraft grades that may want to improve.
Last class we did a real good job locally. We hit on guys that produce.
-What to change?
Im not a big fan on pushing for underclassmen to commit ...unless they are for sure locks.
Also the size critiques. Its south florida...i want guys that produce on fridays more so than the prototypical style guys or the 7 on 7 ..camp guys (Pope types)
- I would make the Paradise Camp more of a spectical. Im talking a full blown Carnival there...Concert (Not even hard to have the local rappers)...and for it to be held at Hard Rock Stadium at night. I want to ensure the top dogs attend as well...and its not scheduled on a conflict scheduling week for the 7 on7 teams etc.
- I would honestly get more offers out. Either nationally..or locally..Need more offers...dont have to be committable ..but teams like Bama probably offer twice what we do...but that likely is due to the recruiting department