Players leaving early

People here also way overestimate what these players are getting coming back. 50 or even 100k in college NIL deals is pretty **** good. Big time transfers are getting more, but that's about it. Hope they all got their degree as some are going to get bounced out of the league before they even set foot in a game.

Advertisement
Some times the players know this ISNT where they want to be bc no one OUTWORKS us. Cristobal didn’t recruit them and better getting CLOUT from friends that they’re in NFL than do hard work with Cristobal. Grass is greener than the last two terrible seasons. Why risk a THIRD and put in hard work ?

Really dont like the "who is advising these kids" narrative. They have great advisors; they just choose not to listen. For the most part, they live in their own bubble where they are the main characters, especially five-star athletes like Taylor. Even if they receive negative draft feedback, they have a gaggle of supporters who will say otherwise. They get great advice, they just don't take it. I'm sure LT got accurate advice on where he'd go after the season was over.

NIL should fix this, but not as easily as people think. Young, rich football players aren't usually the best decision-makers.

When was the last time LT worked as hard as it's going to take for him to make the Jets as a UDFA His sophomore year?

There's a humility and reality that comes from playing alongside and behind guys who are better than you. We haven't had that type of program in 20 years. The only reference point our guys have is who they were told they'd become as HS prospects. That's how they continue to make their decisions.
Getting beat on Saturdays should’ve been a hint.

Advertisement
W and Ls is not a stand alone factor. If it is, we're screwed because our starting QB went 5-7 last season.
I meant the individual getting beat by the opposing player, should’ve been a hint that the 1st round isn’t gonna be a thing

People here also way overestimate what these players are getting coming back. 50 or even 100k in college NIL deals is pretty **** good. Big time transfers are getting more, but that's about it. Hope they all got their degree as some are going to get bounced out of the league before they even set foot in a game.
Cohen and Taylor would have gotten much more than that.

Advertisement
Cohen and Taylor would have gotten much more than that.

I'm not sure I buy that. OL at Texas, school with much deeper funding and let's face it, a better team was paying 100k for each OL.

Perhaps if they were transferring out they could see much more, but I imagine they back channeled that prospect.

They probably tried to get more here and failed. The rest is history. NIL is often very overinflated in the rumor mill department from what I've heard.

I'm not sure I buy that. OL at Texas, school with much deeper funding and let's face it, a better team was paying 100k for each OL.

Perhaps if they were transferring out they could see much more, but I imagine they back channeled that prospect.

They probably tried to get more here and failed. The rest is history. NIL is often very overinflated in the rumor mill department from what I've heard.
Almost certain both were paid quite a bit more than 100k last year

Well 100k is a lot more than 10 or 15.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back