Players/Fam love Addae

Advertisement
Very bad look for the dad. When you take into account that he's also a coach, and apparently a highly respected one at that, it's such an incredibly poor decision by him. Haven't read the full thread but I hope Addae took the high road by not responding. Same for anyone on staff. Settle this in house the way Pops should've.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Disturbing to know UGA didn’t offer him a contract and we didn’t poach him from anyone. He can’t recruit and he can’t coach.
SO what he accomplished at three different schools means nothing?

Seems like most of you want this guy gone, and we will certainly lose a good one if he goes.

Someone said he was basically fired at UGA, now that's some dumb ****. After the class he helped haul in last year!

The funny part is how many of you all thought we lost a good one in T-Rob, that dude has never been good.

You know how the NFL (and likely all the other pro leagues) supposedly do seminars where they teach incoming rookies how to handle money. Either the NCAA or each school ought to have seminars for parents about this kind of stuff. No one wins when you vent your frustration publicly. Like, yeah, the transfer portal is easy and it's always there and available, but this kind of stuff doesn't enhance your kid's chances either. No coach wants to deal with meddlesome parents that air stuff out publicly. And this guy is a coach and should know better.

Losing Addae will hurt in more ways than you think.
Its been said and confirmed that Cormani was all DVD. Did Cormani or his mom even mention Addaes name when they talked about who were the main people involved in him picking UM?

Addae seems like a good guy and all..but I didnt see this huge jump in development with enough of our guys to keep him on if we have better options available. Maybe thats not all his fault. But thats just the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately. Coaches like him lived to fight another Saturday because if we had lost to GTech and were officially out of bowl game contention...start the purge immediately IMO.

Advertisement
SO what he accomplished at three different schools means nothing?

Seems like most of you want this guy gone, and we will certainly lose a good one if he goes.

Someone said he was basically fired at UGA, now that's some dumb ****. After the class he helped haul in last year!

The funny part is how many of you all thought we lost a good one in T-Rob, that dude has never been good.
t rob has never been good? I read some really dumb **** on this board. Addae is young in his career so maybe he gets there but T Rob’s resume is as good as anyones not named Corey Raymond. He’s the #2 or #3 DB coach in America and has been for a decade plus now.

Last edited:
But replacing him with Raymond would be a net plus.
I wont disagree with this, but I actually dont think we have a chance to pull Raymond.

Addae has a two year contract, if I am not mistaken, and if one of our biggest concerns is to find an OC, I honestly think thats where the money is going to get thrown.

I will also say this, it was no surprise that Addae left UGA, because he wants to be a head coach at some point. He was given tons of credit for what he did in one year at UGA, even when he had Kirby and Muschamp looking over his shoulder, both of which are considered great DB coaches.

Regardless of wether we keep him for another year, I really dont think hes here for long. Honestly thats not a problem Mario should have to worry about, but the offense on the other hand has to change.

Defensively we have progressively gotten better, it would make the most sense to focus on this offense.

t rob has never been good? I read some really dumb **** on this board. Addae is young in his career so maybe he gets there but T Rob’s resume is as good as anyones not named Corey Raymond. He’s the #2 or #3 DB coach in America and has been for a decade plus now.
This is hilarious, yeah he's doing a great job at Alabama...did great for us and USCe too...LMAO

He's horrible, outside of recruiting, he can stay as far away as he needs

I wont disagree with this, but I actually dont think we have a chance to pull Raymond.

Addae has a two year contract, if I am not mistaken, and if one of our biggest concerns is to find an OC, I honestly think thats where the money is going to get thrown.

I will also say this, it was no surprise that Addae left UGA, because he wants to be a head coach at some point. He was given tons of credit for what he did in one year at UGA, even when he had Kirby and Muschamp looking over his shoulder, both of which are considered great DB coaches.

Regardless of wether we keep him for another year, I really dont think hes here for long. Honestly thats not a problem Mario should have to worry about, but the offense on the other hand has to change.

Defensively we have progressively gotten better, it would make the most sense to focus on this offense.
hes gone. if the biggest DB recruit in the country doesnt even mention your name in his commitment interview, you are not pulling your weight. thats supposed to be his position coach and the entire time CM mentions being coached up by DVD. yeah hes gone. writing on the wall there

Advertisement
I thought this stopped at the HS level lol. Khamauri was a top 100 last year wasnt he? Time for Cristobal to get back to work lol.
Mario talks about our "Culture at the U".......This father is so much into himself and micro managing his son that he needs to step back and let the kid handle his business and start growing up.........step aside.....Pops
Step Aside Get Out GIF by #MAmovie
and MOVE......

Attacking parents of players is weak *** mentality. It serves no positive for the team. None.
Commenting on actions that would hurt the Canes is not "attacking"............it's is commenting on a narcissistic relative that wants to inject themself into the working of our team...............that is B/S....and is weak sauce mentality.

Advertisement
First y'all said Couch was a dog, not y'all want him to leave? Fairweather fandom for ya at its best
I was never a Couch fan. I don't want 5'4 115 lb corners on this team. Seems like a good person but not a good football player.

I can tell you, and again this was a much smaller scale and in baseball. But when a player committed I would ask to be put on speaker phone and we would enjoy the moment. But I said from this point forward anything non financial aid related goes through your son. Part of my job is making sure he becomes a young man and he needs to take care of things himself. Playing time...you come to me. We can talk. You may not like what you hear but it will be honest...and who knows maybe you can point something out to me. I only have one set of eyes.

Unfortunately small college AD's are starting to give in more and more to parents on basically non issues. Big school I imagine its a dream as you can just tell people to get lost.

he was good in the years prior. he def flashed under previous DB Coaches.
He looked decent in 2019 but after that he's been terrible. People started giving up on him after he got *****ed in the 2020 bowl game.

Advertisement
Back