Players expected Taylor Stubblefield to Leave

Advertisement
Dream WR Coach hire for me would be Darrin Chiaverini from Colorado. Dude is the goods in both coaching and recruiting

That would be an incredibly tough pull. He's asst HC/Recruiting Coordinator and WR coach at his alma mater.

I have heard really good things about him though. If that staff ever got fired, schools would be all over him.

Idk about A+ but he'd be very good. 32 years old, from a major recruiting area. Only been a WR coach for 4 years.

I say A+. Young. From an Air Raid tree so he should help develop a passing game, which if we're being real, any Gus Malzahn protege (Lashlee) would need. He's a Houston alum and connected to Holgersen, so Manny being able to pull him would be impressive.

And he's replacing an Enos leftover.

A+ imo.

Advertisement
Actually Slaughter has done a pretty good job getting a lot of unheralded guys at NSU signing with NFL teams in just 4 years. Obviously familiar with Miami area and did work at LSU for 4 years as well.

Carrier has bigger school experience and his 2018 year at WVU was pretty awesome with his wrs. Some great passing offenses with Holgorsen and even as a GA at Baylor he helped coach a Biletnikoff winner.

Whitted was my guy but Carrier looks like an excellent up and coming guy. Slaughter looks pretty good as well.

Carrier would be >>>>>>Stubblefield. I'd even prefer Slaughter to him.

That would be an incredibly tough pull. He's asst HC/Recruiting Coordinator and WR coach at his alma mater.

I have heard really good things about him though. If that staff ever got fired, schools would be all over him.

Very true but with everyone else throwing out their unrealistic choices I thought I’d throw out mine

I say A+. Young. From an Air Raid tree so he should help develop a passing game, which if we're being real, any Gus Malzahn protege (Lashlee) would need. He's a Houston alum and connected to Holgersen, so Manny being able to pull him would be impressive.

And he's replacing an Enos leftover.

A+ imo.
Why would a dude who's been coaching WRs for 4 years be able to contribute to an OC establishing a passing game? Lashlee seems like he did ok last few years without Tyron Carrier.

Advertisement
Though UM isn’t commenting, some players are fully expecting receivers coach Taylor Stubblefield to move on after one year with the program.

According to footballscoop.com, Penn State is targeting Stubblefield to become its new receivers coach. Stubblefield, a former All-American receiver at Purdue, previously coached at Air Force, Wake Forest, New Mexico, Central Michigan, Illinois State, Eastern Michigan and Central Washington, as well as in the Canadian Football League.

Among the potential candidates to replace him: Northwestern State receivers coach Alvin Slaughter, a former LSU assistant who previously led Miami’s Monsignor Pace to four districts championships and a regional championship as head coach. And others will be considered, too, if Stubblefield leaves, as players expect.

Barry Jackson
That guy have any major plugs in Louisiana? We. Need. That.

Actually Slaughter has done a pretty good job getting a lot of unheralded guys at NSU signing with NFL teams in just 4 years. Obviously familiar with Miami area and did work at LSU for 4 years as well.

Carrier has bigger school experience and his 2018 year at WVU was pretty awesome with his wrs. Some great passing offenses with Holgorsen and even as a GA at Baylor he helped coach a Biletnikoff winner.

Whitted was my guy but Carrier looks like an excellent up and coming guy. Slaughter looks pretty good as well.

Carrier would be >>>>>>Stubblefield. I'd even prefer Slaughter to him.

Lmao yall just pick and choose which coaches resumes yall like. I have no clue if this guy is a good coach. Who has he coached?

Advertisement
Why would a dude who's been coaching WRs for 4 years be able to contribute to an OC establishing a passing game? Lashlee seems like he did ok last few years without Tyron Carrier.

Lashlee did fine with Dykes overseeing. Plenty of what they ran at SMU was a mash of Dykes's and Lashlee's (Gus's power run) system.

Are you asking why a player and coach of a air raid (or any) system would be able to aid in establishing passing concepts for an offense? We all just saw what Joe Brady did for LSU.

Lmao yall just pick and choose which coaches resumes yall like. I have no clue if this guy is a good coach. Who has he coached?

No 'yall' aren't just picking and choosing.

I am looking at the guys from his program who were productive enough to sign NFL contracts (Jazz Ferguson, Shakeir Ryan) or coach a freshman all-american (Myles Ward). Guys from a no-name school which shows he's maximizing the talent/productivity given where he is in just 4 years. In comparison Stubblefield had no one and jumped each year.

Look at the offenses and productivity of the wrs under Carrier with Holgorsen. Even as a GA in that Briles passing offense he helped coach a Biletnikoff winner.

Nothing made up about any of it.

Advertisement
Lashlee did fine with Dykes overseeing. Plenty of what they ran at SMU was a mash of Dykes's and Lashlee's (Gus's power run) system.

Are you asking why a player and coach of a air raid (or any) system would be able to aid in establishing passing concepts for an offense? We all just saw what Joe Brady did for LSU.
Is Tyron Carrier Joe Brady? I'm asking ,specifically, why you think Carrier will implement air raid concepts here? How do you know he's that knowledgeable?

Everyone putting cart before horse. No one has left yet so no one has been hired yet.

Advertisement
Back