Players call out Herbstreit again

Still don't get why folks on this site, Cane fans no less, hang on every word spewed from Kirk and the College Gameday dimwits.....haven't watched that garbage since Mark May and Trev Albert's were part of that cesspool of imbeciles....why watch it? Who cares what they think? Focus more on our lazy local "beat" reporters who have no clue on their team's injury status.

Advertisement
I met Hernstriet about two years ago while on work travel - dude is one of the few commentators who really wants Miami to succeed. Literal quote from my conversation with him - "College football is better when Miami is better, and at its best when Miami is at its best."

My favorite moment was when I brought up Golden (this was 1-2 weeks before Clemson) - He brought up the failures of the UM administration to realize Golden's job to "sustain" the program was over and we needed to bring in someone who knew how to win again. When I asked who he said three names: Scott Frost (now at UCF), Brent Venables (stating he was probably untouchable) and Mark Richt (yup...).

Moral of the story - I don't care of Herbstriet picks us to lose out and miss a bowl game. He is a fan of college football and a fan of Miami.

I'd rather we not tweet at Herbstreit. Let him keep picking against us. Whatever added edge is given to you, don't give it away.

Herbstriet had to leave Columbus because they felt like he was not loving on them enough every week. He seems like the only guy on ESPN with no agenda. He has picked the Canes many times in the past 7-8 years and we have been horrible.

Miami facilities were 25 years behind most other top tier schools.

Miami was lucky to have Golden during the Shipiro years. Nobody wanted to coach us.

He is suppose to be an unbiased media representative. He is one of the few pro's that I feel pull it off as many have a generally biased hate for Miami.

"Herbstriet had to leave Columbus because they felt like he was not loving on them enough every week. He seems like the only guy on ESPN with no agenda. He has picked the Canes many times in the past 7-8 years and we have been horrible."

You also believe that dog's eat homework and in the Tooth Fairy too? As I have stated previously in numerous posts, I live a 20 minute drive from Kirky's hometown and I keep my ears open...This was a "story" leaked by ESECPN to cover their need for him to be closer to the SEC (he moved to Nashville, remember?) for more background information. Sure, believe ESECPN's disinformation, I will believe my sources in Centerville, Herbie's hometown

"Miami facilities were 25 years behind most other top tier schools."

Yep, a small private university with a small fan base doesn't have the money of a state-backed institution, especially when Shalala pays three times what she should have for Ceders hospital (even Doppelgänger doesn't challenge me on this). Any update from Kirky on the Schwartz Center? IPF breaking ground? Nope, he keeps with the narrative he has perpetuated to help Urbie and O$UcK

"Miami was lucky to have Golden during the Shipiro years. Nobody wanted to coach us."

You realize the Shapiro thing broke big AFTER Goldie was hired, right? You realize Herbie said the comments I quoted AFTER the Cincy debacle (trust me, it was a debacle, I was there) where any person with a modicum of football knowledge knew Fat Al was way over his head (see Butch Jones 2017 if you need a current reference to what it was like then) and a change needed to be made. Lucky to have Golden? You really believe this Omaha?

"He is suppose to be an unbiased media representative. He is one of the few pro's that I feel pull it off as many have a generally biased hate for Miami."

Okay, if I interpret your awkward sentence structure correctly, you like him because he overtly doesn't bash Miami? Okay, I guess you don't know how to read between the lines and don't have the worldly wisdom to realize that it's the sneaky types that really do the most harm, not the molotov ****tail throwers.

In short, you're...

[video=youtube;qileP4bAzek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qileP4bAzek[/video]

Advertisement
It’s amazing that anyone cares what a talking head says about us or how they pick.

Remember it’s ALWAYS been an US against the world mentality at Miami.

Having said that I’d be willing to bet ole Herbie boy says something complimentary about the team next week in regards to how we have come back to win the last couple weeks and how he expects us to win the Coastal.

BUT if he doesn’t WTF cares...doesn’t make one bit of difference in whether we win or lose.Personally ID RATHER have the players with a chip on their shoulders no matter how it gets put there.

You folks act like it's ridiculous that he picked a team that nearly beat us. We won 25-24. We lost a lot of people to injury. We haven't rolled over anyone this year. You all sound like snowflakes.

Last edited:
I want Spermseat to keep doing what he's doing. The players obviously are thriving on the disrespect angle. The minute Spermseat jumps on the bandwagon we're done.

Advertisement
I met Hernstriet about two years ago while on work travel - dude is one of the few commentators who really wants Miami to succeed. Literal quote from my conversation with him - "College football is better when Miami is better, and at its best when Miami is at its best."

My favorite moment was when I brought up Golden (this was 1-2 weeks before Clemson) - He brought up the failures of the UM administration to realize Golden's job to "sustain" the program was over and we needed to bring in someone who knew how to win again. When I asked who he said three names: Scott Frost (now at UCF), Brent Venables (stating he was probably untouchable) and Mark Richt (yup...).

Moral of the story - I don't care of Herbstriet picks us to lose out and miss a bowl game. He is a fan of college football and a fan of Miami.

"dude is one of the few commentators who really wants Miami to succeed."

So you talked to all the other commentators and found this to be true? Unsupported statement

Two weeks in a row. All I'm saying is that we have a history of these kinds of wins catching up. I LOVE MY CANES!!! But we have some GLARING deficiencies that will probably be tested against 'Cuse

we had some Glaring weaknesses that's been tested the past few weeks :monkey-serious:

He's a typical hack... ******* herbie and his osu base
.. Yall defending this guy who basically spit on our program. Naw he is officially dead to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have a portion of CIS who thinks Herbie LOVES the 'Canes and like a battered spouse, they always are professing their love for him...Here is a sample:

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes-recruiting/123464?highlight=herbstreit

In reality, Herbie is an ESECPN tool, who will do what he is told, but definitely is in the business of keeping Miami down for an obvious reason (well obvious to some, but not all): Keep Urbie recruiting well in South Florida. Here is one of my posts detailing this:

"As usual, the Herbie/OSU fans will say he "loves Miami" but give no proof. Lets examine the "love."

“They're lucky to have Al Golden as a head coach."

Note, he said this November 2014, after the Cincy road banner flew. Any CFB analyst worth a s#!+ knew Golden was in over his head and we fans who wanted him fired were “ridiculous’’ according to Kirky. Yep, keep the 'Canes down for Urbie.

Let's not forget his numerous nationally broadcast mentions of Miami 's "decrepit" facilities (heard any revision there?)

"Oh yeah," you say, "he was telling the truth!" No, he was strengthening his boy Urbie's hand, because OSUck is a giant state school that will build whatever is needed with school funds:

Ohio State trustees OK $7.8 million for Woody Hayes Athletic Center upgrades - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Will the OSU Athletic Department come back LATER with the funds to re-imburse? Probably, but look a the flexibility to spend whenever they want.

By contrast, there is no Miami Hurricanes football without the University of Miami and it's a small school with no taxpayer-backed flexibility...Look at the IPF fiasco for proof. Herbie has known this and he backs up O$Ucks sales pitches to So Fla recruits by constantly talking about it.

He has also highlighted our failure to pay coaches (anything revised mentioning Mark Richt's salary? Coach Kool's?) and our stadium not being the right one for a "college atmosphere," but no mention of the upgrades. Again, reinforcing the O$UCK recruiting pitch.

I have given actual qoutes you can verify by just checking a few sources...The Herbstreit blowers give unverified anecdotal observations.

The inability of some CIS posters to recognize when someone is working you over is quite pitiful.

When you ask the CIS Suckeyestreit slurpers to provide evidence of his Miami love, the thread is bereft of evidence, just restating "Herbie loves Us"

In my mind, who he picks is irrelevant, since I know his mission:

View attachment 51986

You have serious, serious psychological issues.

Kirk was a tipped catch on 4th down away from being right. Let's not act like we " showed him"...

Advertisement
Still don't get why folks on this site, Cane fans no less, hang on every word spewed from Kirk and the College Gameday dimwits.....haven't watched that garbage since Mark May and Trev Albert's were part of that cesspool of imbeciles....why watch it? Who cares what they think? Focus more on our lazy local "beat" reporters who have no clue on their team's injury status.

I was thinking the same thing, who in the **** even watches gameday? For a fan base that hates ESPN, we sure watch it a lot.

We have a portion of CIS who thinks Herbie LOVES the 'Canes and like a battered spouse, they always are professing their love for him...Here is a sample:

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes-recruiting/123464?highlight=herbstreit

In reality, Herbie is an ESECPN tool, who will do what he is told, but definitely is in the business of keeping Miami down for an obvious reason (well obvious to some, but not all): Keep Urbie recruiting well in South Florida. Here is one of my posts detailing this:

"As usual, the Herbie/OSU fans will say he "loves Miami" but give no proof. Lets examine the "love."

Note, he said this November 2014, after the Cincy road banner flew. Any CFB analyst worth a s#!+ knew Golden was in over his head and we fans who wanted him fired were “ridiculous’’ according to Kirky. Yep, keep the 'Canes down for Urbie.

Let's not forget his numerous nationally broadcast mentions of Miami 's "decrepit" facilities (heard any revision there?)

"Oh yeah," you say, "he was telling the truth!" No, he was strengthening his boy Urbie's hand, because OSUck is a giant state school that will build whatever is needed with school funds:

Ohio State trustees OK $7.8 million for Woody Hayes Athletic Center upgrades - News - The Columbus Dispatch - Columbus, OH

Will the OSU Athletic Department come back LATER with the funds to re-imburse? Probably, but look a the flexibility to spend whenever they want.

By contrast, there is no Miami Hurricanes football without the University of Miami and it's a small school with no taxpayer-backed flexibility...Look at the IPF fiasco for proof. Herbie has known this and he backs up O$Ucks sales pitches to So Fla recruits by constantly talking about it.

He has also highlighted our failure to pay coaches (anything revised mentioning Mark Richt's salary? Coach Kool's?) and our stadium not being the right one for a "college atmosphere," but no mention of the upgrades. Again, reinforcing the O$UCK recruiting pitch.

I have given actual qoutes you can verify by just checking a few sources...The Herbstreit blowers give unverified anecdotal observations.

The inability of some CIS posters to recognize when someone is working you over is quite pitiful.

When you ask the CIS Suckeyestreit slurpers to provide evidence of his Miami love, the thread is bereft of evidence, just restating "Herbie loves Us"

View attachment 51986

You have a picture of what looks like SMD and you say I have psych issues? Oh, I see you are from NY, so that explains "your Everything is a psych issue" stance.

View attachment 51986

You have a picture of what looks like SMD and you say I have psych issues? Oh, I see you are from NY, so that explains "your Everything is a psych issue" stance.

My avatar is a joke.

You've written about two pages worth of paragraphs detailing your hatred for Kirk Herbstriet.

Advertisement
Back