Player you can't believe didn't do something special in the NFL?

Bryant McKinnie played and started for a decade but only made one Pro Bowl, and many questioned that vote. Often out of shape. He had the talent to be a dominant HOF LT, like Jonathan Ogden.

DJ Williams was a freak athlete and should have had a much better career. Two DUIs tell you his head was not in the right place.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For me it's easily philip buchanan

guy was INSANE playing here and I thought for sure the man was gonna be in the hall of fame. For the people that followed his career can anyone point out what happened? I know he a season or two where he was lighting it up on the punt returns and I thought "ok here he comes"
He balled out his rookie year for he first half of the season... But when dude got hurt he was never the same.... Him and Woodson would have been a great random....

But for me... The one person I thought would be dope was William Joseph

Everyone's been pretty much named. I, personally, really liked Danyell Ferguson and thought he would amount much more than he did.

I wonder how high Streeter would’ve been drafted had he stayed another year. It definitely would’ve bought more time for him in the league.
That entire group never consulted the Draft Advisory Board and they all were failures in the league. Horrible move by all of them, they should have all returned. Got real bad advice

Advertisement
I think Buchannon came into Oakland with a huge head. Showed up to first pre-season in a limo. I know he got humbled pretty quickly. Still had a decent career but thought he would be a top 5 CB in the league.

That being said, the guy is sharp and has done extremely well for himself after football. I wouldnt be surprised to see him involved with a start up sooner than later

Byron Leftwich

He was an absolute beast in college, had a great arm & after watching his Junior/Senior year I thought he would be much better in the league.

I still remember that legendary double OT game vs ECU in 01

Advertisement
Dan Morgan and Colin McCarthy both were takleling machines at the ✋🤚 But just couldn’t get it done in the pro’s weather it be due to injuries or lack of productivity. I really thought they would be the next great linebacker out of the ✋🤚.

Advertisement
Tommy streeter and brandon Harris. Deon bush still has time but running out

Deon frustrates the **** out of me. Every time a play is made, he's no where to be found. It's like he's become afraid of contact all of a sudden. Eddie Jackson is the anti-Deon Bush. He made one great hit last season, and I was like come on D.B show your mantle. Next possession, no where to be found, again. Smh.

Opened thread to answer Phil Buchanon, but OP said it. Still slightly unclear to me what happened. Electric feet, ball skills, aggressive. Don’t remember if he had wingspan issues, but don’t think so. Something intangible must’ve just not lined up with his situations and opportunities.

Daryl Williams had a nice career, and he even made an All-Pro team, but I thought he’d be a multiple time All-Pro and superstar. One of my favorite, understated Canes.

Darrin Smith also had a long and productive 10+ season pro career, but would likely actually be a more valuable player/LB against today’s offenses than he was back then. Don’t think he ever made a Pro Bowl. Talented dude, perhaps ahead of his time at LB.

P.B was w/ the Raiders, nuff said. Even Charles' career started to tail off in Oakland after 2001. Maybe in P.B played for like the Steelers or NE back then, he would've been better off.

Guys like Yatil Green and Melvin Bratton don't really fit in this discussion because serious injuries killed their chances of being able to live up to their NFL potential.

And please don't bring Dan Morgan into this thread. He was a great NFL LB. His career just ended prematurely due to concussions. It's not like he went to the league and just disappeared.

Advertisement
Back