Player Quotes on QB Battle

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
From Barry Jackson's update today:

Braxton Berrios, one of the team’s most thoughtful, articulate players, naturally wouldn’t say publicly who’s leading the QB race even if he had an opinion.

But he insisted Tuesday that the top contenders are extremely close in performance through nine days of camp.

That’s a view we’ve heard elsewhere as well, with top contenders N’Kosi Perry, Evan Shirreffs and Malik Rosier all having their moments in camp but none of them perfect by any means.

“I don’t see much distance whatsoever,” Berrios said. “They are all splitting reps. There is zero distance in my mind. And I kind of expected that until the first scrimmage and especially the second scrimmage. Once people go live, you see a lot more than you do when you can’t get hit. I don’t see much distance. It’s a pretty even race right now.”

Scrimmages the next two Saturdays will have a major role in determining the starter.

It’s easy to overlook Shirreffs, who received no Power Five conference scholarship offers other than a late one from Miami.

But receiver Ahmmon Richards said Shirreffs doesn’t have an issue with getting the ball downfield 50 plus yards, amid previous questions about arm strength: “He can throw the ball. He works extremely hard and he really cares. You can see the passion he plays with.”

And Berrios said: “I don’t care about stars, how many offers you have. I always knew he could be something special. He’s a good quarterback overall.”

Link: UM QB race very close so far; Hurricanes personnel notes | Miami Herald

Advertisement
Ahmon also said Even under threw him and got his bell rung.

Advertisement
Just on what JJ said tells me Kosi winning this thing also kids wont bad mouth there teammates so

I'm not even paying attention to the QB race because it's way too early. I gotta feeling we won't know who are starting QB is until the FSU game.

If there were questions about Sheriff's arm strength, then best believe, his arm strength is a problem. People don't just make these things up out of nowhere.

If there were questions about Sheriff's arm strength, then best believe, his arm strength is a problem. People don't just make these things up out of nowhere.

They wont speak bad about it either its just the way it is..............u either got that zip or u dont its just like speed u either have it or u dont

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back