Player Improvments

KingB02

Sophomore
Everyone is talking about how our players magically got better overnight!
No, they did NOT!
The play calling changed! We stopped doing those slooooooow developing plays and are now using RPO.
That negates the pass rush! Jarren is not being a statue anymore as well!
Not holding the ball as long as he was. Quicker reads out of RPO. Deep shots out of it where he drops and lets it go to the spot where the pass catcher will be, after looking off the safety and getting them to bite on the RPO. while the back takes the quick fake and picks up anyone who gets through the line.
The whole offense nearly changed. That is why we scored under 25 points in most of our games.
Yes, players improve during the season, but Enos finally took his head out his a$$ and opened up the offense and let our playmakers ball out. we been more talented than everyone we have played but the Hators, and they were using a bum at QB. We were just using the talent correctly. That is quite obvious.

Advertisement
1574210530611.gif

Advertisement
No, they did NOT!
The play calling changed! We stopped doing those slooooooow developing plays and are now using RPO.
Isn't that a player improvement? Yes play calling has made a difference but Jarren has matured a lot the last few weeks.

Advertisement
Getting out from under center made a difference and it took too long to do it. I think you have to give Enos credit for Jarren’s development and give Stubbs credit for the improvements with Wiggins and Harley. Baker is doing better with the OL now and that group is gelling better but the non PA-dominant scheme now is helping too.

We have beat 2 or 3 bad teams. As I’ve said before, we need to win out the way we should and then win or play respectably against a quality bowl opponent.

Advertisement
No, they did NOT!
Not holding the ball as long as he was. Quicker reads out of RPO. Deep shots out of it where he drops and lets it go to the spot where the pass catcher will be, after looking off the safety and getting them to bite on the RPO. while the back takes the quick fake and picks up anyone who gets through the line.
The whole offense nearly changed. That is why we scored under 25 points in most of our games.
Yes, players improve during the season, but Enos finally took his head out his a$$ and opened up the offense and let our playmakers ball out. we been more talented than everyone we have played but the Hators, and they were using a bum at QB. We were just using the talent correctly. That is quite obvious.
The offensive line is absolutely blocking better (pass protection especially, run blocking is still pretty bad). Williams is clearly more comfortable. Receivers are not dropping as many balls.

Advertisement
How about we just admit that this team took some time to gel? I hope it is sustainable, but look at Michigan, played like chit first half of the season with new OC and DC and now are gelling. It just take time sometimes. Patience grasshoppers! Use it.
Exactly. Especially the Oline. A two deep of one junior and everyone else true freshmen, RS freshmen, and sophomores on the Oline. Of course it was going to take a time to get comfortable, understand the offense, trust the man on either side of them to do their job, and gel as a unit.

How about we just admit that this team took some time to gel? I hope it is sustainable, but look at Michigan, played like chit first half of the season with new OC and DC and now are gelling. It just take time sometimes. Patience grasshoppers! Use it.
CIS: No man..Cause is madden franchise mode when I fire then hire a new coach my players play better from the jump..in 2k same thing..so that 2 reliable sources that says results when theres a new coach, new system, new philosophy, different playbooks the results should happen overnight..especially off a 7-6 season, Because then, WHAT TF DID WE HIRE THEM FOR

Absolutely nobody:

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back